Forums

Help › Forums

Re: pitch, chip or flop and invites

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 13 2012 3:24 PM (2 replies)
  • jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:25 PM

Having never played a golf game in my life, I don't really know what clubs to use when or why. To get out of a bunker, do I use a sand wedge? do I pitch, chip or flop? So many times my ball will only move 2 to 3 yards.

Also when someone invites me to play and I accept how does the game actually start? As the person that was invited if i accept can I choose the course

Thank you

jiggsie

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 2:47 PM

hi

all of those are short game clubs. the guy here and here may help you some. as always, practice makes it perfect.

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 3:24 PM

jiggsie:
    Having never played a golf game in my life, I don't really know what clubs to use when or why. To get out of a bunker, do I use a sand wedge? do I pitch, chip or flop? So many times my ball will only move 2 to 3 yards.
    Club selection mostly depends on the distance you want to play. As for these questions, please use the links provided by icon.

Only one hint: Chipping is not appropriate in many cases when the stroke is proposed.

jiggsie:
    Also when someone invites me to play and I accept how does the game actually start? As the person that was invited if i accept can I choose the course
    He who invites has selected the course and the game. He will start the game and be the first on the tee.

RSS