Forums

Help › Forums

Re: golfer view

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:30 AM (2 replies)
  • atty1952
    2 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 3:00 PM

I've been a tw player for yrs......this program looks interesting....but why is the golfer view always from the side rather than from driectly behind the golfer......very awkward view......is there a way to set the game so thatt you sre always behind the  golfer rather than off to the side..........please help

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:12 AM

atty1952:
    behind the  golfer rather than off to the side

Unfortunately, the short answer is, no. The game uses a huge stockpile of photos, not a virtual world as seen in first person shooters. You will see some bizarre locations, not just inconvenient ones. 

The good news is that most everyone sets up their exacting approach shots from the forward view camera. (lower right corner of screen) Once in that view, click on the flag. This shows the straight flight from your location. Judge the wind to adjust your aim point. In high winds, you'll be amazed how far off you have to aim.

Then just switch back to shot view, and let fly with some confidence that a dinged shot will take the flight to the hole. Then rant, when it doesn't, or rejoice when it comes up to tap-in.

You'll get used to the odd views and may even come to enjoy some of the more incongruous ones. I love when my avatar is levitating over water.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 8:30 AM

JimbeauC:
    I love when my avatar is levitating over water.
    Ah - TW was here? ;>

I like the flying Avatar when the ball sits some inches right of a deep bunker.

And then there is the one standing on the left brink of the bunker, using his 75-inch-shafted LW to play out from down there :o)

RSS