Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I wanna give some new friends help, is it possible

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:35 AM (3 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:03 AM

I have 2 married couples visiting me and they all signed up at WGT.

We are all real life golfers.

I get a dozen balls, very nice, but I want to help them out to avoid the steep learning curve that is, by giving them clubs or credits.

I cannot, because they have no level, and they can't hep themselves because they have no credits.

A matchplay challenge means WGT take 20% of the winnings, so that is not on.

How do I be the good samaritan ?

• sardono
    114 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:15 AM

oneeyedjohn:

I have 2 married couples visiting me and they all signed up at WGT.

We are all real life golfers.

I get a dozen balls, very nice, but I want to help them out to avoid the steep learning curve that is, by giving them clubs or credits.

I cannot, because they have no level, and they can't hep themselves because they have no credits.

A matchplay challenge means WGT take 20% of the winnings, so that is not on.

How do I be the good samaritan ?

Only thing I can think of is gift them XP Boost and Level Up's?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 2:45 AM

<snip>

Now I understand the question :)

Levelling up is very easy with the help of the "consecutive days" bonus. It starts at 90 XP for 2 days, max is 880 XPs from eight days on.

By only playing one hole per day, in the Community / Courses section, they would arrive at lvl 25 (5290 XPs) in 11 days only. It may be better than 25 XP boosts...

Furtheron, nothing compares to experience, even with the starter set. Many ppl have mastered the beginning without help, and RL golfers have the advantage to have a fair knowledge what may happen at certain shots. Sometimes, only time can help!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Feb 22 2012 7:35 AM

oneeyedjohn, not to hijack your thread, but how long did it take for the free balls to arrive?

I've invited several friends who've registered and they received the upgraded driver, but I've yet to receive the free balls.

Thanks for any info you can provide and I hope your friends enjoy your generosity.

RSS