Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Country Clubs

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:40 AM (3 replies)
  • dharmacat
    2,172 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 6:49 AM

Could someone please  tell me what the advantage is to joining a contry club?

I don't knowing  if playing in the cc tournaments counts towards your rankings and stats.  Does anyone know...I've looked everywhere and can't find the answer.

Thanks.

• Kindle2010
    602 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:25 PM

Player with members of your club usually means you will have less players quitting on you, if they become friends games are more enjoyable, and often clubs will use Skype or similar so you can talk.

Also, most clubs will have a selection of players of all abilities, and good clubs will help their newer players learn the game, answer questions, give advice etc..

And in answer to your question, yes, all ranked stroke play games count towards averages and stats.

Only hard bit is finding a good one.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:48 PM

Obviously I can't tell you about all clubs, but most tourneys at mine are much different than WGT tourneys. For one, most are more than one round.... Right now, for example,  we have a single elimination match play tournament; a team play competition with groups of 5 at all tiers, plus another with 3; a "country club tour"  that will last for several months; monthly handicapped tournaments; tier-specific premium tourneys for 30 credits; an upcoming Ryder-cup type of competition; and one called Survivor (like the show). There are always new ideas and new tourneys popping up. Most of them have prizes, usually golf balls. And as Kindle said, it's a great way to find people to play with.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2012 7:40 AM

dharmacat:
    tell me what the advantage is to joining a contry club

CC tourneys can be set up with any green speed. This gives you the opportunity to practice above your tier. It certainly makes the transitions less painful. Yes, you can get this experience in multiplayer, but having an unlimited tourney all to yourself is much more convenient.

But, quite honestly, the biggest advantage is the comradery. 

RSS