Forums

Help › Forums

RE: country clubs

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:51 PM (3 replies)
  • RacDuffer
    9 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 12:05 PM

Ok, maybe I'm missing something but . . . When one wants to join a Country Club . . .

I can pull up a list of CCs. I can search by name (or part thereof). I can filter by country. I can sort by credits earned or member count. I can view a member list, and sort it any number of ways. However, very little of that really tells me what I would like to know.

How many tournaments does it have active any given day/week/month? How many ACTIVE members does it have? (doesn't matter how many total if they haven't played in over a month!) How many members at my Level/Tier/Average? (Do I stand a chance in any tournaments?)

It gets frustrating searching and joining a CC only to find it has very few tournaments set up, or nobody active save for Legends.

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 8:27 PM

If you click on a link to a CC, you can browse the members list and sort them by level, tier, earnings, date last played, etc.

Here's a tip, when you want to look at a CC, hold down the Ctrl key when you click on the link and it will open up in a new tab, that way you don't lose all your search results when you hit the back button.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:10 PM

RacDuffer:
    It gets frustrating

Sigh. 

I wish I had a great answer for you. There is no way for you to shop for the CC of your dreams. From your post, I gather that you want a CC with people at your level. That might be a mistake. You might get the most from an active group of MUCH better players who frequently post their tips to the CC forums. 

I joined a new CC that had members of my approximate skill. It didn't work out. By happenstance, through a post in the help section, I came in contact with an erudite gentleman who suggested that I consider his CC. Time went by and I eventually contacted the owner of that CC. I became a member and have never regretted it. 

I hope that you, as did I, will allow the best match to find you. 

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sun, Feb 26 2012 9:51 PM

Have you looked in the Country Club Corner forum? lots of info there. if one looks like it might be a good fit, get in touch with the owner or members to find out more.

RSS