Forums

Help › Forums

Re: March Fall Champ, question,

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 10 2012 3:15 AM (3 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 8:21 AM

Hi , I just wondered what happens in this situation and i thought i would ask here because it may have happened before,I finished in 11th in this months Champ,But i was told 2 players in top 10 are not eligible for the top 10 prize,( So wrong BTW ), so now instead of having 10 players in front of me i have 8!! So now we look at the 11th places and there are 5 of us tied,so now thats decided on count back which 2 from them 5 players get pushed into top 10 providing wgt adopt this idea,Seeing as i finished Birdie  Eagle Birdie i would have a case for top 10,Just wondered what the situation is on this regarding players that cant receive a prize?,,I mean surely WGT still have to award 10 prizes to someone? not 8.,,Any opinion would be grateful as i haven't a clue what wgt do in this situation,

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Fri, Mar 9 2012 8:42 AM

Hi Tess,

For the fall tour (the one before this winter tour), the situation was hydrid. For the October championship, only elligible players within top 10 received the prize. So less then 10 players received the prize. But for the November and December championship, inellegible players in the top 10 were kicked out of the leaderboard and thus the first 10 elligible players received the prize.

I hope this time that inelligible players will not be kicked out of the leaderboard (such as I can be qualified and play for the April final). But they should anyway give the prize to the first 10 elligible players (being or not in the top 10).

For this final in April, they should qualify 9 elligible players + all inelligible players who finished in top 3. In January, only elligible players were in top 3, they are all qualified. For this month, Jimbean should also be qualified together with the 3 players in top 3. This way you are sure to have 9 elligible players who play for the prize + inelligible players who finished in top 3 and play the final just for the "sportive" side of the competition. I hope they will follow that route...

Regards

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 2:31 AM

Thanks Fabian:)

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Mar 10 2012 3:15 AM

If 2 players were not eligible then the next 2 in line should get the rewards... that would be you Priestess and Wontonamo.

I think that anybody who enters a Comp should get the rewards too and not be disqualifyed, with exceptions for local laws. In Australia there is no laws as such.  All depends on the promoters I suppose and that is sad.

-Roger

RSS