Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Penalty for quiting

Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:29 PM (9 replies)
  • losttrucker
    6 Posts
    Sun, Mar 11 2012 9:15 PM

I'm sick and tired of playing a near full 18 only to have a "higher" tier player quit when they hit a bad shot or are about to get beat.  Is that how they are able to keep their avg??  Come on people its just for fun,  I'd love to find some people who can play a round without quitting.  They should lose credits!!

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 1:57 AM

There is no rationale for quitting "to protect the average". Bad rounds will be eliminated by good rounds eventually because only a certain no. of the best rounds will count.

To me it is a frustrated reaction of people who don't want to see a bad result and do not respect their opponents/competitors. It is unpleasant but human, and the provider will do nothing against those people supposedly because they also are paying customers.

It's a thing we cannot change, therefore it's better just to accept it than to become sick.

The best we can do is to avoid criitical situations (like skin games IMO) and to bring five minutes' time to wait after a disconnect in match play - the reward is a win in the statistic, and a "lose" for the quitter.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 2:32 AM

Pretty soon there's gonna be a penalty for spelling it 'quiting' lmao.

• EARTHWALKER
    56 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:37 AM

I have only ever quit one game, and that was yesterday as I had to attend to my daughter who was injured.  Am I to be penalised too?

Yes it's annoying, but I have to disagree with penalising people.  I mean, how can you tell it's on purpose?  Definitively?  You can't.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 6:48 AM

Agreed, I ran up a list of over 300 names that i vowed never to play again, mostly because they disappeared from a game I was in.

They never got a second chance with me, but there's an awful lot of them out there.

• frank51
    2 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 7:35 AM

a no play list would be GOOD!

• angelsgolfing
    211 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 8:00 AM

who really wants to go so far as to keep a list of quitters? it,s much easier to just play with people u know in a cc or friends u have played with awhile. lets put this issue away, its here & part of the game. you  or me cant change it & WGT CAN NOT BECAUSE THESE PLAYERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO QUIT. its a double edge sword , so just stick with players u know & dont worry about quitters , u will enjoy the game much more.......

• TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Mon, Mar 12 2012 1:36 PM

What about the people like me? Who's internet connection is powered by an army of hamsters? (or so it seems some days...)

I never quit unless I have to... Like when my boss calls me, and asks why I'm not at work yet xD

and sometimes... when WGT crashes, I can't get back in the game... It crashes again, every time I try to resume the game...

• dale10book
    1 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 7:29 PM

Does your boss call you after you've hit a bad drive off the first tee?

RSS