Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Uncompleted Rounds... A Modest Proposal:

Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:49 AM (24 replies)
  • Jessa03
    8 Posts
    Mon, Feb 16 2009 9:01 AM

Seriously...do you people complaining about someone 'quiting' on you play actual golf.  If you do play golf then I think you would be more concerned about YOUR SCORE and less about someone elses. 
    Would I be happier in this game shooting a 36 and beating the guy I am playing with a 37 or shooting a 33 and having a guy quit on me.  I am playing against myself and to get better.  Having someone else there brings a certian social aspect to it and if it is a friend a competitive aspect, but in the end this is a GOLF GAME.  Unless it is a tournament golf is about competing against yourself...like in Zelda when link fights invisible link.

• hazard48
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2009 5:01 AM

I can't stand it when people quit on me. Some actually say they are going to disconnect so they don't hurt their score. I agree that this game should reflect the real thing as far as the score goes. Sometimes your the windsheild and sometimes your the bug. If you have a bad round then live with it.

That said, I like one person's suggestion of having a multiplayer game that is not ranked. I play the game for fun and try for a good round, but if I screw up then getting out of the mess and trying to recoup is part of the challenge.

To me quitting to save your ranking is childish. I say penalize the quitters.

• Hanbrough
    1 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:08 AM

I am wondering how in the world u keep playing if they quit anhy ideas would be greatly appreciated this guy has ticked me off by quitting and stuff

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:33 AM

Why do people set up multi-player rounds that will effect they're average.I can't figure that one out????  You can set up a game in practice and invite someone to play but every invite I have ever accepted has been set up so it will effect your average.I think that's a lot of your problems.Just inform them your in practice mode before ya'll tee off and maybe they wont quit?????

Just a suggestion.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Dec 21 2009 7:49 AM

There are dozens of redundant threads on this and here is another one, resurrected from February 2009...  

GITrDONE:
    Why do people set up multi-player rounds that will effect they're average.I can't figure that one out????

Everyone would like to improve their average score, so why should anyone set up multi-player rounds in practice mode? Besides, if you set up a round in practice mode, everyone needs to play from the same tees, which is sometimes seen as undesirable if players from unequal tiers with unequal equipment meet in the same group.

RSS