Forums

Help › Forums

Re: LEVEL 81 G20s

Tue, Mar 20 2012 2:18 PM (9 replies)
  • ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 2:16 AM

So WGT have just introduced LEVEL 81 G20s (Driver, Fairway, Hybrid and Irons) - It shows them as more Forgiving, but the Meter guide shows them as making hitting accurate shots a bit more difficult.

Can anyone provide feedback on these? 

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:20 AM

WOW, we knew you where getting a bit greedy WGT, but this takes the biscuit, lol.

I know, somebody made a boo boo, lol. At least i hope so.

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:22 AM

These are real clubs, mate - not virtual ones.

Sean

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:25 AM

LOL, my bad. Just clicked on the link in news, and thought they where the virtual set. 

• bluescouse
    1,185 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 3:26 AM

Lol - nearly fell off my chair when I first saw them too!

• sue333318
    631 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 4:24 AM

Well I got the full set this morning and am most impressed.   A 30 at St Andrews front followed by a 28 Kiawah back.   Super smooth and consistent.   Would recommend to anyone, and if you get the full set its a pretty decent price.   

Happy shoooting all - Sue 

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:07 AM

ADYTHEGOLFPRO:

why not rent them and find out for yourself when you get there?

or better still ask one the pokerina's to try them

• ADYTHEGOLFPRO
    291 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 7:40 AM

oilyrag:

ADYTHEGOLFPRO:

why not rent them and find out for yourself when you get there?

thanks for the replies.

i can't either try or buy them yet, as i am at Level 78; not quite up to Level 81 yet!

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Mar 13 2012 8:31 AM

Really too early to say a lot about them.  I did rent the driver and played 9 holes with it.  Other than an incredibly slow meter it is ok, nothing to really write home about though at this stage of the game.  I was averaging 294.7 yards with my R9 and really waiting for the R11 (19000 more exp points).  The one thing I did notice, is that the swing meter has an acceleration during the last 1/2" before the ding.  So far the G20 driver, rated as a 280 club is giving me an average of 290 ( just after 9 holes though on Kiawah) not a really good indicator of it's performance.

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Tue, Mar 20 2012 2:18 PM

I posted this in another thread, but will repost my thoughts on the clubs here.

RUNWME:

I didnt sell my r11s but am bagging the complete set of  g20s and am enjoying them.

From tourmaster tees and shorter I think they are a very viable alternative to the r11s.  On whistler which is a very short course even from legend tees they are great for all tee boxes.  The slower meter helps you find some of the narrow winding fairways and the reduced spin on approach shots is nice. I'm a backspin junky that gets me into trouble on whistler. The g20s helps alleviate that.

I played a 4 way stroke round on Whistler with 3 of the top players on wgt. G20 Driver distance is shorter but not by much. While we were all within 5 yrds   Iconian was the only one to have a longer driver distance average. He knows exactly how much spin to apply in each situation and regularly outdrives me even when Im sporting the r11.  (good thing kyrock wasnt playing as I suck hind tit to him everytime, that mook must sprinkle pixie dust on his balls or something)  One note, my longest drive with g20 was 329 yrds,    and the 3 r11 drivers were all about 4yrds short of that.

Where the r11s have biggest advantage over the g20s is long approach shots in mod to high winds. The r11s will still check up nicely where the g20s roll out.  R11s also hold the advantage on 25plus up elevation shots and will check up where the g20s roll out a bit more.

If they had  a 225yr 3i, 1/2 dot more spin and 1/2 dot more precision, they wouldve replaced the r11s in my bag. As they are, they are fun to play with from any computer for fun matches with friends, but I'll stick r11 irons back in bag for tourneys.

RSS