Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Dont know what to do. Need help.

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:08 PM (9 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:19 AM

Hi all. I dont know if anybody is having this trouble, but i need serious help here. I am getting froze out in single play games with every attempt. We are playing a CC tourny now, where we have to play with a member in every game, and its not fair to those who are playing great to have to start again. I have done everything i can think off, scanning for viruses, malware, cache, browsers etc. Ive un-installed programmes that i dont use, and i regularly do defrag etc. The problem is only happening here on the WGT website, as every other site i am on, i dont have any trouble whatsoever with. 

Does anybody have an idea of what could be wrong here, as im at the end of my rope with it. Thanks for any advice in advance.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 9:32 AM

First, download CCcleaner. Be sure you cleared your flash and browser cache, cookies and temp files. If your problem persists, try changing browsers.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 10:53 AM

Thanks Richard. I downloaded the CCcleaner and did a scan and clean with that. I also followed the other links, and did a couple of things there, the rest i had already done. But as i try to reply to this post, im waiting an age for the window to load, so i dont think it has worked. Only time will tell, and a few games. Will get back to you, and let you know, cheers mate.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:03 PM

No joy Richard, the game is the same way. Pages are slow to load, and i cant even get to start some games. Tried different browsers again, with the same results, Chrome, firefox, IE (sadly) and comodo dragon. Cheers mate.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 12:06 PM

During all of your attempts, have you completely shut down and restarted.  Sometimes that will help,  when a simple restart does not.

May sound a bit too simple but you never know.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 3:00 PM

4 or 5 times today already, HP. I even did a system restore to before it went all gammy on me, and its still not doing it. Thanks for the reply mate.

61 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 3:26 PM

It's not your computer. It's the damn web site. Slow to load..No bandwidth..poor server..very poor web master. He don't fix anything. Broken links all over the place, the pro shop don't display today  cant buy anything. I have written several email, no response. So lot's of luck..Just keep refreshing and watch the errors, errors, errors, errors.....etc.

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 3:29 PM

Have you tried using an older version of flash ?

I use Chrome with the latest version installed but I keep an old version so I can disable one or the other to switch between them.

• LarkinPat1
    83 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 4:08 PM

Hello there, I wish I had a solid reply that would solve your issues,  but perhaps this might help you as it did me.. After signing on to your home page, then opening up your menu player page, copy your http//www address at top right corner of player page, then close it.. Then open up a new tab, and paste your player page address ..

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Wed, Mar 14 2012 6:43 PM

Update folks. I do graphics for the CC im in, so i went to save all of them before i was going to get the PC looked at. As soon as the memory stick hit the port, i was getting threat warnings galore. I managed to quarantine and get rid of them. Funny thing is, all the virus scans i did didnt pick them up. All seems to be good so far, so thanks all for the help. 

RSS