Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Who got my credits?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 22 2012 10:15 PM (4 replies)
  • Poindexter12
    23 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 6:37 AM

Played a skins challenge game with 2 other players, 25 credits per  hole.  One player said he had internet problems and forfeited after 2 holes without having won any skins. Two of us continued to play.

After 8 holes I had 3 skins and my opponent had 5.  My opponent was then disqualified after his time expired for the 3rd time.  The end of game summary showed that I had won 4 skins worth 300 credits.

If one player forfeited and one was disqualified, then all the skins (and credits) should be mine, shouldn't they?

The total number of credits available to win was 675 (of which 225 I put in). I won 300. Who got the rest of of the credits in the game?

I checked my opponents profile pages and it doesn't show that either even played in the game, so I'm pretty sure they didn't get the credits for the skins won before being disqualified.

On my account page, I was charged the full 225 credits (plus 30 credit wgt fee) for the game.  I'm sure both my opponents were charged the same amount, and I think wgt owes me 375 credits.

At the very least, I should have been credited with 5 unclaimed skins, because a disqualified player forfeits any skins they have won, correct?

Thank you for any insight or advice.

Poindexter12

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 9:33 AM

hi

please drop us an email at members@worldgolftour.com and maybe they can shed some insight. 

-wgticon

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 10:17 AM

The answer is in the FAQs on the right------>

WGT FAQs:

What happens if someone disconnects during a game?

In the event that one or more of the players in a Skins game gets disconnected for any reason, all the other players will be brought back to the multiplayer lobby to await the return of the disconnected player(s). There is a 5 minute allotment for players to reconnect at this time. If the disconnected player does not return within that time, they are considered to have forfeited the game, and the remaining players continue on with the game.

• 1st disconnection = No Penalty.
    • 2nd disconnection = 1 shot penalty.
    • 3rd disconnection = Forfeit.

If I forfeit during the game for any reason, what happens to any skins I have won??

Skins that have been won by a player who forfeits before the last hole is finished also forfeits any skins they have won up to that point. In a Skins Challenge game, this means that the credit value of any skins won up to the point a player forfeits will not be refunded to that player. Skins games must be completed by a player in order for that player to receive credit for the skins they have won. Once again, you must complete your Skins game in order to receive credit for any skins you have won. Otherwise the value of those skins will be forfeit to WGT. We do this in order to strongly encourage players not to quit during Skins games, and prevent players from leaving games before they are finished in order to protect skins they may have won to that point.

It says,  WGT got the 375 credits for the 5 skins your opponent had won due to the fact they disconnected a 3rd time and that is called a forfeit.

• Poindexter12
    23 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 9:39 PM

Thanks Andy. I understand now, although the phrase 'undue enrichment' comes to mind.  

My remaining opponent didn't disconnect, just let time expire when it was his turn until he was disqualified.

Just my opinion of course, but I think all credits in a challenge game should remain with the players or at the very least be returned as unclaimed credits if not awarded to a player. 

Poindexter12

• giraffedog
    144 Posts
    Thu, Mar 22 2012 10:15 PM

Poindexter12:

Thanks Andy. I understand now, although the phrase 'undue enrichment' comes to mind.  

My remaining opponent didn't disconnect, just let time expire when it was his turn until he was disqualified.

Just my opinion of course, but I think all credits in a challenge game should remain with the players or at the very least be returned as unclaimed credits if not awarded to a player. 

Poindexter12

This is the rub......WGT unfairly profits, while we are stuck in the mire  -  technically, you were an employee at that point.

To me it is basic  -  all parties agreed to the game for a specified amount....they quit or timed out  -  these credits should now be forfeited to the remaining player.

How it works on my golf course....the greenskeepers don't get a cut.

More weirdness  -  see "stolen credits" and "security" in the "bug log".................and seems WGT skates with impunity.

WGT - make your $$ off the paying customer............quit f*cking nickel-and-diming us, as it does not bode well for your future (read : those whom now play as to what they say about current situations).........and wake the f*ck up!

RSS