Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help before I go totally insane!!! Damn emails!!!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:22 AM (5 replies)
  • EARTHWALKER
    56 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 2:37 AM

Getting 30-40-50 emails a day with forum notifications.  I have no idea how to turn them off.

This is at the bottom of every email:-

You were sent this email because you opted to receive email notifications when someone responded to this thread.

To unsubscribe:

To unsubscribe from this item only, visit the item link and turn off notifications.
        To stop all notifications of any updated items from World Golf Tour, go to Edit Profile, click on the Site Options tab, then under Email Configuration, set Send Notifications to "No".

If I click the first link, there is no button to turn off notifications.

If I click the second link there is no button named 'edit profile'  There is a profile button, but not EDIT profile.

I don't want to set all wgt email to auto delete through my mail client as there are one or two I want.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• Ffudd
    2,541 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 3:33 AM

When you post in the CC forum "E-mail me replies to this post" is automatically selected for some reason.

To turn it off look at the 3 tabs at the top when you post a CC message Compose, Options and Preview. Go to the Options tab and just untick the box.

Messages you have already posted just Edit them, untick the box and click on Post to save the new settings. You will need to do this once for each thread, so if you have 3 posts in one thread you only need to Edit one of them.

On this forum you have to opt in to get the e-mail replies which makes more sense.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 3:55 AM

You can also find e-mail options if you click on your Account button and select Contact Info.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 3:00 PM

Create a subfolder in you inbox.

• fj2974
    501 Posts
    Sun, Apr 1 2012 5:45 PM

Or provide a ficticous email address...  I had the same issues/thoughts, until I changed it.

• EARTHWALKER
    56 Posts
    Mon, Apr 2 2012 8:22 AM

thanks all.  I'll follow the advice.

RSS