Forums

Help › Forums

Re: tiers

Sun, Apr 8 2012 4:18 AM (6 replies)
  • Horinia
    5 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 12:48 PM

How come im not moving up in tiers? Im lvl 81 with a handycap that has been as low as 68 and im still a tour pro.. Its getting to the point people dont want to play me in skins because they think im holding back on tier change i guess.. if i keep playing then my lvl will be higher and then people really wont want to play me.. I have seen masters and tour masters with a lvl lower than mine and a handycap thats not as good.. Please answer

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 4:21 PM

The players in tiers above you may not have as good an average as the averages are reset when you move up a tier. I think you have to get an average of -68 to move up to Master tier with about 50 ranked games played. when you do make Master your average will be reset and it will move up and down until you have played a minimum of 50 ranked rounds before it settles to your proper average.

Hopes this explains it

Happy Golfing:~))

Mel

• Blade7658
    452 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 7:04 PM

When you hit 68.0, you will drop. I am 69.96 now after going to master. Don't rush it - all those "short par 4s" will cease to be short.

• singingjesus
    152 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 8:07 PM

I recommend that you relax and enjoy you tour pro days because the jump to master can be a shocking experience. Master will seem to be super difficult but it's really an illusion, as is this whole(hole) game! Ditch the starter lob wedge and get a Satin Z 64 and learn to use it, and you'll be master plenty quick enough! Hit 'em hard and with grace.

sj 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 9:56 PM

One more wedge would help you along too. That starter one needs ditching.

• StrokerLee
    94 Posts
    Sat, Apr 7 2012 10:43 PM

You must be below a 67.00 average (maybe even below 66.99) to move from Tour Pro up to the 'Master' Tier level...also with enough ranked rounds played as well...and I may even be mistaken on the average level...It might be that you need to get your average down to a 64.00 !!! One thing is for sure though...if you can concentrate on lowering your level to an even 64.00...there will be no doubt of you making it to the 'Master' tier level !!!

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sun, Apr 8 2012 4:18 AM

And also don't forget,   When you DO get to Master you have then got the long journey to get your average down to 63 to get to Tour Master:~))LOL.

At least with the level you are you have the choice of some very nice clubs to assist your progress. MAKE USE OF THEM, and get some good wedges. You will definitely need them. ha ha!!!!!!

Mel

RSS