Forums

Help › Forums

Re: started today, do i play ranked games now?

Sun, Mar 14 2010 8:14 AM (9 replies)
  • davidlloyd
    10 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:24 PM

Hi all, saw an ad on facebook and here i am.  Have only played the practice 9 and front 9 at kiaweh so far but it seems like fun.

Should I start playing ranked games right away or keep practicing?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:44 PM

davidlloyd:

Hi all, saw an ad on facebook and here i am.  Have only played the practice 9 and front 9 at kiaweh so far but it seems like fun.

Should I start playing ranked games right away or keep practicing?

Give each 9 hole setup a practice round, so check out Bethpage Black and St. Andrews.   If you play ranked rounds and post all your rounds (regardless of good or bad), you'll progress up the tier system at a pace relatively equal to your skill level.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:23 PM

Mariohs post above is a good one.  However there is no rule or anything suggesting you play practice rounds first.  Being that your Hack Average is 150.00, you can pretty much only get better from here.

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:26 PM

I played all ranked rounds when I started, and moved from Hack to amateur in no time. I learned during my first round, so that the second was almost 100% better.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 3:46 PM

As GC says... you're 150 now... you can't get worse.

Fire it up, ask questions, play and learn.

It's a beautiful thing.

• davidlloyd
    10 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 7:02 PM

Thanks all.........makes perfect sense now.

• pmgaudio
    7 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 8:49 PM

Snaike:

Fired it up, ask questions, play and learn.

It's a beautiful thing.

Agreed! I went from hack to amature in two rounds after a practice round or two. this game is friggin sweet!

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Mar 11 2010 6:12 AM

If you care about your stats you should practice before you play ranked rounds.If not,like Snaike said,fire it up,I do,uh, I mean I did.It's taking a while to get my stats up above 90%but I'm getting there.

All stats are recorded for ever in ranked rounds.Lowering your average should be fairly easy,all you have to do is shoot 149.I'm almost positive you can do that.lol..

Good luck and Keep Swinging

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Mar 12 2010 7:43 PM

Snaike:

Fire it up, ask questions, play and learn.

It's a beautiful thing.

Just be careful firing one up in public. There are laws against that, ya know? :)

• dalehauck
    12 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 8:14 AM
    hello david and welcome. as practice goes I suggest you look at some putting tips posted and practice putting.
RSS