Forums

Help › Forums

Re: please explain...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 11 2012 4:33 AM (2 replies)
  • mjfisher02
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2012 12:18 PM

Can someone please explain the physics in the gameplay. i.e. a shot from the fairway with minimal wind (to back) is less than 100% of club. I hit 100% and it goes little over half way. No there is no 20-30% lie or anything. And then the opposite happens when I think it is 50% i hit less to account for slope and roll. And it flies past. 

I play golf (for real) a lot and I am just trying to understand the physics to this particular online game.

• tattoo68
    37 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2012 3:54 PM

Hi

I play for real too and started out the way you are, using the maths and physics of the real game in this format, as you have found out it doesn't work out too well. The only way is trial and error and remember where your power meter setting are for each shot, you will get there, it doesn't take long to figure it all out. Good luck and keep them long, straight and accurate.

Richard

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Apr 11 2012 4:33 AM

AFAIK all shots except putting are best between 90 and 100%. Below, they suffer largely from nonlinearity and deviation. I'd prefer to avoid them over trial&error.

Most of the time a punch will be good to achieve a shorter range for 100%, unless you need elevation over a hazard. Otherwise, club down, use pitches & flops. The former work from a good distance, see length indications.

RSS