Forums

Help › Forums

Re: ITS ALL ABOUT BALLS

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 15 2012 10:21 AM (3 replies)
  • JVALHALLA
    42 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2012 3:05 AM

Ok, so WJT like to make a few bucks; I have no problem with that.  It’s a great game and a great site.

You can log on and get free clubs; free balls, free costume (avatars), and play free tournaments.  In fact you can play your whole life here until you go to that great golf in the sky for free.

So what’s my problem? WELL, just stay with me.  There are those of us who after a period like to upgrade – just as in real golf. Remember when you buy in the pro shop it is all fantasy clubs, balls, costumes (as for the latter I think I’ll stick to the original one after playing with some ‘bizarre’ dressed players. That is of course until they bring in the Rupert Bear costume—Rupert Bear ?  I hear some of you who were never exposed to English culture ask- you don’t know what you missed). The same ball or club you buy, can be sold a thousand times or even ten thousand times (nice work if you can get it).  I still have no problem with that.

Now here is my crib: ITS ALL ABOUT BALLS.  THE LIFESPAN TO BE MORE PRECISE.  Not that they have a lifespan but the timing of when that lifespan expires. I don’t know about other players but mine always seem to expire when I’m in the rough or a bunker (is there a little bit of pressure selling here?).  As a fairly new player can I humbly suggest two methods for a more friendly approach to this situation.

1.       Before beginning a game advise the player the number of shots remaining (he still has an option to buy or not).

2.       A more humane and friendly approach; extend the lifespan for the period of the game (except for lost balls – the option again it still there).  This might also encourage serial quitters to rest and finish.

PS. What happens to all  those old balls? Can I buy the franchise for re-cycling please?

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sat, Apr 14 2012 11:18 AM

I agree to you concerning the costumes - I'll stay decent because I have to see my guy in every game I play ;)

(except for the Vintage Plus Fours (Female) which I don't dare to use, being an old bloke)

Good thoughts about the balls, too.

Concerning #1, there is a lifetime indication in that small white bar down right which becomes red when it matters.

Furtheron, we are invited to buy new balls when the last one comes into play - I frequently follow there.

#2, nice & customer-friendly but it still leaves the player with starter balls when he loses one. Unfortunately, quitters won't be affected by that.

#3, the selling point for lakeballs has closed five minutes ago, regardless of the time you ask for it.

• JVALHALLA
    42 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 8:24 AM

Hi alosso.....thanks for pointing out the small white bar to me ....I often wondered what it was.

lol  merci

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 10:21 AM

money money money.....it  is so funny....in a rich mans world!

ahhhhh ahhh aaa ahhh.....alah akbar....all the things i could do!

RSS