Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putter Pal?

Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:34 AM (8 replies)
  • davieleo22
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 2:13 AM

Does anyone know how to turn off the putter pal setting. i just started a round and it popped up. Pisses me off with all the lines and i am use to the normal way

Dave

• sarak362336
    1,597 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 2:17 AM

Help !!!!  Agree with the above - can u turn it off?   If so how?  

I use the daytona rossa  - and this slows the putt down to the ghost - not good for me!

Sara

• sallu4u
    87 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 2:24 AM

Yes kindly tell if somebody knows how to remove putter pal.Its very confusing with too much lines and numbers.Just wanted to test it and now its testing me :)

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 2:27 AM

You turn it off via settings.

I suspect another marketing ploy by WGT. After everyone uses the free putter pal and knocks strokes off their averages we'll all rush off to buy one. A bit like the free club rental weekends which cause everyone to pay for upgrades.

Smart stuff ;)

• MioKontic
    4,645 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 2:29 AM

From the game window...

Menu > Game Settings

It's the last setting at the bottom of the page - you'll need to use the scroll bar on the right of the window.

• Palatius
    16 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 8:11 AM

I personally HATE the PP thingy, it is a horrible distraction. I've only been playing 3-4 months now, and I miss my fair share of easy putts and make longer ones, but that thing tricks you into a false sense of security.

Anyone with sense in their head can add or subtract power based on the rise or fall of the pin, and the speed of the green, or maybe not.

I am not about making the same robot puts every time. For me this game is much like the real game, it's about feel not about mechanics.

in any case, I WON'T EVER be using the PP.

regards,

Palatius

• Palatius
    16 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 8:14 AM

it would be nice if they were to allow you to scroll on|off in the game as you do with the PW and SW clubs... when you select the putter...

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:22 AM

Hi Everyone,

This is a promotion we are running for the National Golf Day. Putter pal, as stated above, can be turned off by going to game options and scrolling down to the buttom and selecting the option.

It can be very useful, so worth a try:)

-wgticon

• Homer44
    21 Posts
    Wed, Apr 18 2012 9:34 AM

Some might like it, others don't. Why automatically turn it on though? Game Options? Where EXACTLY is this 'game options'?

BTW  When does the beta tag come off this site? When you make your first billion $$$$$  ?

RSS