Help › Forums

are we being ripped off watching videos

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 2 2012 5:24 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drakeshead
    285 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 1:35 AM

When watching videos for credits we get an average of 2 credits per video this works out at roughly 50 videos for 100 credits ,now each video is from 1.20 mins to 2 mins long per video so we have to watch for 1 hour to 1hour 40 mins  to earn 100 credits  ,does anyone else think this is unfair because to get enough creds for a box of nike balls @450 we would have to watch over 4 hours to 6 hours to get these.

what do you think

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 1:42 AM

Good point m8

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 1:55 AM

people have the choice to watch them or not watch them....so i don't see an issue.

tbe

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 2:05 AM

Totally Agree...The 2 min 6c 'mona lisa' Video , thats fair enough but 2c for 3/4 mins too much. There should be a Rising Scale 30s 2c , 1 Min 4c etc.. &  Bonus Credits for Consecutive Days Like EXP Points ??   

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 2:58 AM

drakeshead:

...........................each video is from 1.20 mins to 2 mins long per video so we have to watch for 1 hour to 1hour 40 mins................

1.   who watches the videos ?

2. you need to take note of everything

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 6:09 AM

Is this "fair"?  I'm sorry but this is a dumb question and annoys me.... they are giving you FREE credits for clicking on a video whether your watch it or not.  You don't even have to keep the browser up and watch the video if you don't want to. 

Suggestion to everyone.... if you don't like it or you don't feel it is "fair" don't do it or don't use their business.  That's how capitalism works.... the business makes business decisions and you as the consumer decide whether or not you want to use their product.

Personally... I feel it is "fair" for them to give you FREE credits for clicking on a video... as "fair" as it gets really...

• gatordee
    281 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 8:11 AM

Then why would you not open several windows and play them at the same time? Not sure how well your internet is but I also watch them while I play. 

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 8:56 AM

thebigeasy707:
    people have the choice to watch them or not watch them....so i don't see an issue.

Some players may not have the money, or are too young too be able to finance there gaming habit here........its basically 1.00 per hour........thats torturous,  like having to watch the cooking channel while the US Open is on.     Then watch 4 hours for a sleeve of balls and hit one in the pond, omg  LOL.

• cycle1979
    1,555 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 9:38 AM

Kurtsbuford:

Some players may not have the money, or are too young too be able to finance there gaming habit here........its basically 1.00 per hour........thats torturous,  like having to watch the cooking channel while the US Open is on.     Then watch 4 hours for a sleeve of balls and hit one in the pond, omg  LOL.

So WGT should give them a higher hourly rate on FREE credits to "finance their gaming habit"...  funny stuff

• sallu4u
    87 Posts
    Tue, May 1 2012 10:38 AM

cycle1979:

Is this "fair"?  I'm sorry but this is a dumb question and annoys me.... they are giving you FREE credits for clicking on a video whether your watch it or not.  You don't even have to keep the browser up and watch the video if you don't want to. 

Suggestion to everyone.... if you don't like it or you don't feel it is "fair" don't do it or don't use their business.  That's how capitalism works.... the business makes business decisions and you as the consumer decide whether or not you want to use their product.

Personally... I feel it is "fair" for them to give you FREE credits for clicking on a video... as "fair" as it gets really...

Well i am not sure what u trying to prove here by screaming over every FREE word.Even WGT never claim they are giving us the videos for FREE.Last i checked the section was called "EARN free credits".

What really dumb is thinking customers are dumb and dont know whats going on.Facebook has revenue of US$ 3.71 Billion in 2011,and a whopping 85% of it came from advertising. 96% of GOOGLE revenue came from advertising.What these companies are doing is cashing up their customer eyeball for money to the advertisers.Explains why facebook is free and always will be. 

So i dont think WGT in partnership with LIVEGAMER are running some kind of charity here by showing us the video ads.They are earning money on our views too.

Kind of thought to balance things up by giving US customer point of view against YOURS company point of view.

• PAGES
RSS