Fri, May 11 2012 11:22 PM

SHRUDE:

Care to elaborate much?

Y

• genorb
    1,255 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 2:51 AM

SHRUDE:

The 'formula is mentioned many times over the forums. I've saved it.

The information you gave seems correct to me except that the minimal number of ranked rounds to be played as Tour pro before reaching Master (it's 25 instead of 30). I am not 100% sure for hack and amateur (I was not looking at that kind of things at that time), but for the rest I am sure.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

Regards

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2012 4:22 AM

Thanks for popping by Genorb and clearing that up for us.

• F4ACE
    194 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 12:06 PM

Thank you guys for your info.

But i still have a question !

My friend is Tour Pro - Her avg. is 66 ,and her ranked rounds is 55,Why has she not moved to master?

Rick

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 12:18 PM

The ranked round number is per tier not total overall.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 1:58 PM

CerinoDevoti:

The ranked round number is per tier not total overall.

As is the average, starting from scratch after a tier-up.

• F4ACE
    194 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 5:38 PM

Big heads up on that. thanks guys I understand now. I really appreciate yall's help

Rick

• FunkyWinklebean
    29 Posts
    Sat, May 26 2012 11:35 PM

genorb:

SHRUDE:

The 'formula is mentioned many times over the forums. I've saved it.

The information you gave seems correct to me except that the minimal number of ranked rounds to be played as Tour pro before reaching Master (it's 25 instead of 30). I am not 100% sure for hack and amateur (I was not looking at that kind of things at that time), but for the rest I am sure.

So in summary we have:

• When your average score is equal or smaller than 100 you go from hack to amateur.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 80 you go from amateur to pro.
    • When it is equal or smaller than 72 you go from pro to tour pro
    • When it is equal or smaller than 67 you go from tour pro to Master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 63 you go from Master to Tour master
    • When it is equal or smaller than 61 you go from Tour master to legend 

and

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend

Notice that those minimal number of ranked rounds are also the number of best rounds used to compute your average in that particular tier. So if you are Tour Master for example, your average is computed with your best 50 ranked round (that's why you need at least 50 rounds to move up).

Regards

FWIW. Just to add, on the tiers... It took me 28 Tour Master rounds to dip under a 61 average, and hit Legend (not 50). Don't know how much sooner I could have reached it by shooting lower rounds... Guess if you really wanted to know, you'd have to begin the Tour Master tier already below a 61 average.

Funk

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 9:20 AM

Quick question on averages for anyone who fancies fielding it.

It appears that 9 hole rounds and 18 hole rounds are weighted the same for the purposes of averages. So a 30 becomes a 60 when effectively. This is counter-intuitive as, if you hit a 31 followed by a 64 your average really ought to be 63.33 not 63.00.

Clearly it's harder to hit a 60 than it is to hit a 30 so this is a bit of a strange way of calculating average.

I guess the question is does anyone know why this is the case?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 9:31 AM

I guess the answer is "it's easy" and "it makes ave. reduction easier. It's at least easier than to follow the guidelines for 9 hole comps in real golf. There, in Germany, the "unplayed" 9 holes are counted as Par (18 net Stableford points).

Imagine the fuss involved to add the respective strokes for Par for the unplayed holes, ranging from 34 (OLY front nine) to 36 (KIA, STA and others). (Where are 35 correct?)

Furtheron, as you said, 30 are easier than 60 which adds to the satisfaction of the customers and thus to WGT's business success.

RSS