Forums

Help › Forums

Moving up in Tier

Mon, May 28 2012 3:38 PM (25 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 9:51 AM

FunkyWinklebean:

FWIW. Just to add, on the tiers... It took me 28 Tour Master rounds to dip under a 61 average, and hit Legend (not 50). Don't know how much sooner I could have reached it by shooting lower rounds... Guess if you really wanted to know, you'd have to begin the Tour Master tier already below a 61 average.

I'm sorry to say that your count is not correct.

On May 9th you moved to the TM tier, on May 26th you became a Legend.

Between these days, i.e. from May 10th to May 25th, you played 50 rated rounds as a TM.

Anyway, it is superb to advance with about the minimum number - chapeau!

• Cavan01
    138 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 10:04 AM

FunkyWinklebean:
    FWIW. Just to add, on the tiers... It took me 28 Tour Master rounds to dip under a 61 average, and hit Legend (not 50)

Not so, you made TM 05 09 2112 and Legend 05 26 2112, between these days you played 50 ranked rounds.

FunkyWinklebean:
    Guess if you really wanted to know, you'd have to begin the Tour Master tier already below a 61 average.

Your average resets when you move up a tier so only ranked rounds at new tier make up your average.

FunkyWinklebean:
    Don't know how much sooner I could have reached it by shooting lower rounds

none, must have 50 rounds at TM before you can move up to Legend

• FunkyWinklebean
    29 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 10:50 AM

alosso:

FunkyWinklebean:

FWIW. Just to add, on the tiers... It took me 28 Tour Master rounds to dip under a 61 average, and hit Legend (not 50). Don't know how much sooner I could have reached it by shooting lower rounds... Guess if you really wanted to know, you'd have to begin the Tour Master tier already below a 61 average.

I'm sorry to say that your count is not correct.

On May 9th you moved to the TM tier, on May 26th you became a Legend.

Between these days, i.e. from May 10th to May 25th, you played 50 rated rounds as a TM.

Anyway, it is superb to advance with about the minimum number - chapeau!

Ahh, my bad. I believed a ranked round to consist of a single 18 hole round, or two nine's slapped together.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 10:52 AM

FunkyWinklebean:

It took me 28 Tour Master rounds to dip under a 61 average, and hit Legend (not 50). 

No it didn't. I just checked your history. The number is definitely 50. :-)

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 2:58 PM

FunkyWinklebean:

Ahh, my bad. I believed a ranked round to consist of a single 18 hole round, or two nine's slapped together.

Each round counts as a round, and the 9 hole scores are doubled for the average.

A tipp: Note the number of ranked rounds in your stats now, then you will be able to recognize when you've hit the magic 400 of the Legend tier.

Have fun!!

• saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Mon, May 28 2012 3:38 PM

As I said earlier a 9 hole round seems to have the same weight as an 18 hole one. So if you want to get your ranked rounds up play front 9 then back 9 rather than full 18.

RSS