Forums

Help › Forums

Flash storage

Mon, May 28 2012 10:22 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 1:07 AM

I'm house sitting and have been playing on the house computer.  It's not a great puter... old an slow... P4 2.8ghz... so the performance isn't great like my home computer (dual quad cores).  I been trying different things to get it running better... hehehe I'm so addicted... messing with someone else's computer... but I'm very good with tweaking computers... built some in the past.  

Anyway, I have improved it a little but not dramatically.  It seems like its having trouble loading things and the animation is choppy.

Yes, I have cookies enabled, flash settings are tweaked for media5.wgt.com to store 10mb.  

I noticed the following:

You can right click on the PLAY NOW flash element (the main button on WGT where you launch the game client) and choose global Settings > Local Storage Settings by site.

You can view the sites that have info stored on your puter and how much is stored.  Even though I have been playing on this computer for 3 days now... 0 kb is being reported stored on this computer.

Could Google Chrome or something else be deleting the info upon exit?

What gives?  Anyone know?

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, May 17 2012 1:37 AM

I think by default that google chrome will store only 20 MB of cache.  As to how to set up google chrome I am sure there are alot of computer gurus on this site.

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 2:33 AM

TheSpaghettiKid:
    dual quad cores

No such thing. 8 cores?

TheSpaghettiKid:
    I'm very good with tweaking computers

really?

TheSpaghettiKid:
    Could Google Chrome or something else be deleting the info upon exit?

yes.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 5:37 AM

Right click on the Play Now button and check the Flash version. 11.2.202.235 is the most current.

In Chrome, click the wrench and go to Settings/Under the Hood/Clear browsing data-see what's getting cleared on exit. Uncheck everything except Clear Cache.

Close any other open windows when playing.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 6:07 AM

Gertrude. Once you step down from your imaginary stool that raises you above anyone else, put your thumb back in your mouth so you cant type. If your not going to help dont even respond.

Yes, there is such thing as dual quad cores, but he is possibly just saying it wrong. If the guy is good with computers like he says, he could setup 2 quad core processors and run them in a larger machine. In short...it gets pretty tricky though. Either way, its not a reason to respond like a child. oh and FYI I think there is up to 96 cores in one processor now. I'm sure you knew that though.

I'd assume somewhere in your chrome settings your clearing out all your data when you exit. Run through the settings again. I think most have found that firefox runs better than chrome for this game, but its case by case. 

In Chrome I think you can go. "Under the Hood" ---> Content Settings ----> Cookies.   Then you should see something about "clear cookies and/or site date upon closing browser". 

BM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 1:39 PM

BeachedMulligan:
    In Chrome I think you can go. "Under the Hood" ---> Content Settings ----> Cookies.   Then you should see something about "clear cookies and/or site date upon closing browser". 

LOL. You're so busy pounding on Shrude you missed what I said about this above. ;-)

Chrome has changed their Setting routine slightly. On the page that pops up when you click the wrench you have to go to the bottom and click "show advanced settings." This is where you'll find the options of what to clear.

• NukeRat
    325 Posts
    Fri, May 18 2012 10:44 PM

One other option is when you click on the wrench, choose history.  Once click "clear all browsing data".  This will open up another screen that allows you to choose what you would like to clear.   Takes you to the same place that Jim mentioned but just thought I would throw that option out there as well.

-Nuke

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2012 5:02 AM

SHRUDE:
    No such thing. 8 cores?

AMD Bulldozer FX-8 Eight Core - comes to mind.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2012 12:50 PM

YankeeJim:

LOL. You're so busy pounding on Shrude you missed what I said about this above. ;-)

Chrome has changed their Setting routine slightly. On the page that pops up when you click the wrench you have to go to the bottom and click "show advanced settings." This is where you'll find the options of what to clear.

Not even sure I read your post after I read his. lol. Well done YJ

• TheSpaghettiKid
    424 Posts
    Sat, May 19 2012 3:10 PM

Haven't had time to mess with this or even play a CTTH or 9 holes since i posted and read the comments.

However,  Quad Core Xeon processors have been out for at least 3 years... and I'm 90% sure they were designed to work on multi-cpu motherboards upon release.  I believe they are server grade... just like my 3+ year old athlon quad core Barcelona's that run on a server board. Both of these processors are very old news and not the latest and greatest... in fact they both could be 4+ years old... not sure.

Mult-QC processing is nothing new to high performance server machines... or people who require extreme high performance for media production.  You won't find these machines at best buy or walmart... they are specially built.  And yes, 8 cores... or more.

Maybe I shoulda said... I'm "pretty good" tweaking computers because I've had to tweak computers in my media production environment (since the beginning of time).  I have done much more of it than the average person... services, registry, boot files, ... but I am not a professional computer build em and fix em guy.

If Chrome was deleting flash stuff from media5.wgt.com on exit... why isn't it deleting all the other stuff on exit?

But... I see nothing in Chrome settings about deleting anything on exit.

I updated flash to current version before I played a round on this computer.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
    By thespaghettikid at 2012-05-19:550:0]

• PAGES
RSS