Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:23 PM

and a surprise now you got my attention LOL  ,,,   ty  for doing something about    wedges  on green  ,more fair   i think ........ i will be waiting for the surprise       12 balls for Frappefort LOL   kidding  :)

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:28 PM

Why mess around with the green wedging? 

• xNewxRacex
    4 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:38 PM

its about time you blokes notified us when u are shutting down.. i mean, during downtime i have to talk to the Mrs.. ffs.....

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:39 PM

WGTicon:
    We are disabling the spin control when using a wedge or any other club on the green in order to make the game experience more fair and competitive. All clubs can be used on the green (to the detriment of the greens keeper),

Does this affect shots from the fringe as well?

Thanks.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 8:44 PM

piztaker:

Why mess around with the green wedging? 

Yeah, I was just getting the hang of using my 64 degree Cleveland on #5 at St A when faced with the typical 90 ft putt I usually get...

...but all the same, great to hear from you guys and am looking forward to the changes and of course, the surprise.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:02 PM

WGTicon:
    And a surprise!

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:11 PM

Yeah i don't understand why you would be messing with the green wedging this in itself takes a lot of practise and fine tuning , and is available to every1  .!!     ........  and a surprise , wow just taking green wedging away is enough of a surprise to me !  

thank you , .... dflop ! 

• skunkyone420
    173 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:12 PM

After all these years now they wanna remove it. Well the funny thing is i never applied spin to my wedge on green shots and shot plenty of sub 60 rounds with it. So when Phil Mickelson does it does the pga tour disable his spin option? I don't think so what a joke. And as far as a suprise i assume it's gonna be a putting challenge since they are trying to stop the wedge shot. But for the wedge users just take off 3-4 more yards than what you normally hit then you will be ok.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:15 PM

cheers skunkyone420 , thx for the heads up !

• bfghd
    1,344 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:17 PM

Guys, at least WGT is letting us know ahead of time what they are doing. I like the increased activity of WGT lately, and know something big is due soon(probably after the U.S. Open)

RSS