Forums

Help › Forums

Heads UP: Downtime tonight + Upcoming changes ...

Sat, Jun 9 2012 4:39 PM (151 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:23 PM

skunkyone420:
    nd as far as a suprise i assume it's gonna be a putting challenge since they are trying to stop the wedge shot.

As it should be IMHO.

Ya take Phil as "exempalar"

That's one in 4000 shots in a tourney, I can see it here 8 times in a 9 hole MP

Not very real IMO.

• skunkyone420
    173 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:30 PM

Don't matter when it's used and how often the main point of it all is they are taking away something that's been here forever. As i said i could care less cause i don't use spin with it. And as im away from playing right now on a trip i assure when i return maybe faster than i thought im going to post a 28 or 27 and use my wedge every shot.

• notonthis
    893 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:34 PM

Not taking sides but i have to agree with Skunky on this one. Alot of cry babies who have gotten beat over that shot is the main reason why it has come down to this. But as skunk said take off a few yards and nothing has changed. I hope it is a ctth challenge hit a ok 34 in the memorial with using the wedge on the 14th hole. I can't wait to use it on a full 9.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:34 PM

skunkyone420:
    And as im away from playing right now on a trip i assure when i return maybe faster than i thought im going to post a 28 or 27 and use my wedge every shot.

Good for you Bro!

Best of luck!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:39 PM

notonthis:

Not taking sides but i have to agree with Skunky on this one. Alot of cry babies who have gotten beat over that shot is the main reason why it has come down to this. But as skunk said take off a few yards and nothing has changed. I hope it is a ctth challenge hit a ok 34 in the memorial with using the wedge on the 14th hole. I can't wait to use it on a full 9.

I hear ya man

My thing is (just my thing....ya I can wedge from  the green when needed) it's just way over used, no skill other than a ding..

I don't rant or bi tch about while playing,, but how often have you seen it on tour this past 4 months?

I'll follow that question up (assuming you play IRL) how often do you do it?

• JayJensen
    8 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:42 PM

I agree MB, but while we are on the subject of making the game functionality morerealistic, why not make a dinged shot from the bunker check a bit, and the shots from therough not check as much, such as real golf.. Real life golf shots from fairway bunkers spinlike hell, imho..

Maybe the guys that program the game dont play or watch enough real golfto get the subtleties of the game play incorporated into the game.

The upper levelcleveland wedges spin way too much for them to be considered realistic at all.  

I guesssome progress is good though. 

Anyway just a thought.

Jay 

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:47 PM

WGTicon:

• We are disabling the spin control when using a wedge or any other club on the green in order to make the game experience more fair and competitive. All clubs can be used on the green (to the detriment of the greens keeper), however spin is not available unless a golfer plans to make a 6” divot.

Does this also apply to the fringe or greens only?

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 9:55 PM

Maybe the surprise is the R11s 3-wood?  That'd be nice.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 10:08 PM

I should clarify. You can still use wedges as you see fit, just there will not be backspin on them.

It should be same from fringe and such:)

-wgticon

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 30 2012 10:10 PM

WGTicon:

I should clarify. You can still use wedges as you see fit, just there will not be backspin on them.

It should be same from fringe and such:)

-wgticon

Dang Icon no more darts;) ?

RSS