Forums

Help › Forums

Here's a thought

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 22 2012 9:23 PM (21 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 7:52 PM

I see you found you some cheerleaders. Good for you. Tell your friend the same thing, since he wants to come on the forums and accuse players of trying to cheat W.G.T. out of balls.Funny how he can point fingers but doesn`t want fingers pointed at him. You girls have a nice day.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 9:15 PM

Lonnie,

I joined Jan 26 of this year and set about to accomplish three goals:  become a Legend, reach level 90 (for the R11 clubs) and reach a sub-60 average as a Legend.

Achieved Legend on Mar 20 (took 55 days and consisted largely of wearing out the front 9 at St A) and just recently accomplished the other two goals.  I used credits from vids and surveys to level up from 52 to 59 to get a set of clubs I wanted as a Tour Master.   Have bought credits twice when WGT ran specials for 10% and 50% bonus...those were too good to pass up...have earned all other credits through vids and surveys.

So yeah, one can achieve Legend in a relatively short period of time with enough rounds and with a low enough average.  Leveling up isn't related to Tiering up, that's apples and oranges.

I don't begrudge you the fact that you choose to go a different way; I'd hope that you don't begrudge me the fact that I've chosen my particular path. 

I wish you success in achieving your goals and would hope you'd do the same to others.

Regards,

Mark G.

• jvr86
    799 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 9:55 PM

TrufflIE:
    I think the reason WGT can't find some of these bugs is because they simply aren't there... Some people think it's an easy way to get their money back from a poorly played skins game, or get their balls back from a poorly played shot...

I don't know now, but few weeks ago there were bugs in Skin games. It happened to me the opposite so I can tell: I won 9 skins that I shouldn't. My opponents got disconnected several times and extra strokes were added to their scores, even from the tee without the first shot (drive) of the hole. I was hole by hole trying to tie because it was unfair until both got disconnected 3 times and I won, unfairly.  

The disconnections can be a matter of discussion, but the extra strokes game was giving to them is simply a big problem, bug, or whatever you want to call it.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 10:25 PM

Poor Lonnie, apparently your Mad Golfer's hate glasses prevent you from reasonable discussion.

If you don't bring proof for your accusations or show regret, I'm through with you.
    In contrast to a psychologist I need not grapple with such unreasonable rantings against me or other users.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2012 12:47 AM

lonniescott711:

No its funny how you cant be truthful. You would have to play 24/7 to make Legend in 6 months and you still wont do it.

Total Shite.......there are folks are making legend in well under 3 months now.

Legend in 75 days

lonniescott711:
     and we dont need a store bought Legend trying to falsely accuse people of anything. Seeeeeee Yaaaaaaaaaaa.

ain't that rich comin' from a level 89 Tour Pro with decent clubs.

difference here though is that Chris can putt better and all those extra birdies have seen him climb the tier ladder much quicker.

on a final note though....Chris....you won't get a better game by brown nosing dude :)

i dare say there are the odd scammer trying to get freebies by claiming falsities......but there won't be too many at it.

tbe

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2012 6:35 PM

Like I said , you girls have a nice day. It doesn`t mean that much too me about any of you . The point is dont accuse people of stealing or cheating unless you have the proof.As far as his rank your rank or your mothers rank, I could care less. Yes you do climb the ranks quicker, W.G.T. throws levels at you much quicker now only because they are losing players every day , and its to make up the lost revenue. Yeah ,I have a good set of clubs. Bought them all through surveys and videos, and never spent a penny of my own money. When I saw how the game cheats with its programs, I stopped playing serious. Now its just something that I do. Dont care if I never make Legend, because at 50 years old, be 51 next month. I have more important things in my life to care about than a video game. I play strictly for fun and I have nothing too prove to you or any one else on this site. So again, HAVE A NICE DAY. Oh yeah, Im not hating , Im just sayin. Seeeeeee Yaaaaaaa...

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2012 7:37 PM

So you were just trolling.  That's too bad.

"Like I said , you girls have a nice day."

The failed attempt at insult by a fool is, in reality, a compliment.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:14 PM

Some are just irritated every time they hit the forums.

Cheers MK!

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:55 PM

You might have to correct me here if i'm wrong...... To get promoted to a new Tier, you need to tick all the boxes...

Play the required amount of Ranked stroke play games...

Shoot scores under your current average to pass the required Average needed to get promoted.

Levels has nothing to do with getting promoted.  Levels are only there by playing enough total games to get 'XP' points...  to purchase different things in the Pro shop...etc.

Now saying that... It might be a good idea that Levels should be included, to get promoted too, because... all Alt shot, M/Play, Skins or Practice games are not included in the mix to get promoted to a higher Tier.

Now, getting back to the OP's point...   I have heaps of problems... getting booted from a game..losing balls... etc,   but most of time they are my stupid mistakes or my puter is overloaded...lol

I must admit though there is still a few bugs in the system, some of them very hard to find and fix. I suppose it's like trying to find your ball in heavy rough (in real golf) sometimes you have to step on it to find it.

Cheers

Roger

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Fri, Jun 22 2012 8:55 PM

MB, that's a healthy perspective...and cheers to you!

p.s.  Roger, well-said.

RSS