Help › Forums

if i play beth page again......

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 13 2012 8:54 AM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • vcoach
    18 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 1:28 PM

someone shoot me!! with clubs i have, every 2nd shot is with a 3 iron or more! no longer play it until i seriously upgrade clubs.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Jun 4 2012 9:17 PM

It becomes the easiest course with good clubs and KIawah just gets harder as you move up in tiers. Why not put in a few dollars or watch some videos and surveys to earn credits. The game becomes a lot more fun.Good luck.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 2:38 AM

vcoach:

someone shoot me!! with clubs i have, every 2nd shot is with a 3 iron or more! no longer play it until i seriously upgrade clubs.

*grins*

Lessons in course management are due!

With about yr equipment I shot a 72 plus a combined 69 (34 front, 35 back nine) as a TP.

There are quite a few pins you can't attack (e.g. #10) - roll it through the door or play to the center of green. #15 is "to die or not", I agree.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 3:35 PM

piztaker:

It becomes the easiest course with good clubs and KIawah just gets harder as you move up in tiers. Why not put in a few dollars or watch some videos and surveys to earn credits. The game becomes a lot more fun.Good luck.

That is so true .. i was wondering why that is ? i used to play Kiawah alot .. now if i shoot a 31 on either front or back 9 i consider myself a little lucky .. on the other hand i shot my 1st sub-60 on BP 'bout a week ago ..

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 3:38 PM

alosso:

*grins*

Lessons in course management are due!

With about yr equipment I shot a 72 plus a combined 69 (34 front, 35 back nine) as a TP.

There are quite a few pins you can't attack (e.g. #10) - roll it through the door or play to the center of green. #15 is "to die or not", I agree.

i sometimes think St George's #15 with a tailwind sucks even harder than BP #15

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 3:45 PM

Nah, you can always lay up to the right and have a Par chance or play a safe bogey. BPB #15 laughed on me today with 2x triple bogey :(

• cpatterson22
    257 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 3:51 PM

lol? why was this posted in announcements/news? thanks for telling us?

ive been saving up credits like crazy with videos, but even now i can barely afford any top clubs xP -_- though i dont care about the top spider putter, im goin nike :)

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 4:44 PM

chris5214:

That is so true .. i was wondering why that is ? i used to play Kiawah alot .. now if i shoot a 31 on either front or back 9 i consider myself a little lucky .. on the other hand i shot my 1st sub-60 on BP 'bout a week ago ..

Mainly because Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course is a full 1,200 yards further from the up tees to the back tees. It's pretty equal increments, too. It just gets harder and harder with each tier-up. Bethpage Black is quite a bit further as well (I think <1,000 yard differences between Mens and Ladies tees), but many of those yards come from certain holes, and not equal spread on each hole. The par 5 13th is a great example of this. The Legends play from ~90yards further than the other tees. There are quite a few holes on Bethpage where almost all of the tees are on one teebox (even resulting in Tour Masters playing from longer than Legends on some holes [1 and 15, for example]), while Kiawah has separate teeboxes for most (but not all) tees. 

Not only that, but Bethpage is very elevated. Many of the greens require you to hit your approach to an elevated green (2, 3, 5, 9, 15, 17, 18), and these usually result in low level players not being able to reach them, often coming up short in sand or deep rough. As players progress through the game, higher level clubs become available, which not only hit the ball further but also hits the ball with a higher trajectory; resulting not only in being able to reach these greens, but also being able to stop the ball on them. 

The main reason is that Kiawah is just WAY longer, though, especially the Par 3s. 

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 4:48 PM

TheLighterDark:

chris5214:

Mainly because Kiawah Island: The Ocean Course is a full 1,200 yards further from the up tees to the back tees. It's pretty equal increments, too. It just gets harder and harder with each tier-up. Bethpage Black is quite a bit further as well (I think <1,000 yard differences between Mens and Ladies tees), but many of those yards come from certain holes, and not equal spread on each hole. The par 5 13th is a great example of this. The Legends play from ~90yards further than the other tees. There are quite a few holes on Bethpage where almost all of the tees are on one teebox (even resulting in Tour Masters playing from longer than Legends on some holes [1 and 15, for example]), while Kiawah has separate teeboxes for most (but not all) tees. 

Not only that, but Bethpage is very elevated. Many of the greens require you to hit your approach to an elevated green (2, 3, 5, 9, 15, 17, 18), and these usually result in low level players not being able to reach them, often coming up short in sand or deep rough. As players progress through the game, higher level clubs become available, which not only hit the ball further but also hits the ball with a higher trajectory; resulting not only in being able to reach these greens, but also being able to stop the ball on them. 

The main reason is that Kiawah is just WAY longer, though, especially the Par 3s. 

thx   mate .. really not lookin' forward to L status right now .. lol

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 9:02 PM

The other thing about Kiawah is that as the green speeds get faster, the greens get wonkier. 

• PAGES
RSS