Help › Forums

wgt maintenance schedule

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 6 2012 11:20 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • tdexpress
    76 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 9:49 PM

I understand that wgt must shut down the website for routine maintenance from time to time.  However I do wish that they would inform us players in a better manner than they do now. I have seen a couple times when I went to the main menu, a fleeting annoucement (if you blink you miss it) that the site will be closed for a certain period of time. But mostly it comes as a huge surprise when it happens. the last two times playing alternate shot into extra holes boom! Maintenance time! Perhaps wgt could send out emails to players about upcoming outages? I know it is probably listed in the forum somewhere. But I spend most of my time playing golf. And for those people that say it never happens to me, I say you don't work afternoons and you don't live overseas the shutdown is usually 2 am eastern USA.. I love this game!

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 9:54 PM

I am pretty sure in your profile you can opt to get news announcements sent to your email.

If you go to your account you can click the box that says new / announcements and notices will be sent directly to your email listed. If not and you don't come to the forum your out of luck. Its not like they do 1 every week and it is usually at the same time unless its priority and warrants it to be done ASAP.

Best bet is to check the forum from time to time. Only take 1 second to view the 1 Category News/Announcements.

Good Luck.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 10:21 PM

I agree it would be good.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 11:11 PM

Email is not practical. My suggestion was to try to do an in-game announcement but I am not sure how realistic/possible it is.

-wgticon

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:15 AM

WGTicon:

Email is not practical. My suggestion was to try to do an in-game announcement but I am not sure how realistic/possible it is.

-wgticon

Why not? We get emails for everything else and then some LOL.

Makes sense to do it that way as opposed to tweaking the game ....again.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:23 AM

WGTicon:
    My suggestion was to try to do an in-game announcement but I am not sure how realistic/possible it is.

They pulled it off. I got a pop up on the game client screen  before Sunday's downtime. First time I ever saw it too.  :-)

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:30 AM

what sux is when your -4 through 5 and it does that

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:43 AM

gsoup:

what sux is when your -4 through 5 and it does that

I wouldn't know :)

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 7:57 AM

How about an announcements area called "WGT Announcements" or "WGT NEWS" that only WGT can update, which can be seen easily and checked quickly as soon as you sign-on or even before. That would be a good place to give notice of scheduled shutdowns and maybe even include other announcements such as special promotions.

Tiger Woods winning the Memorial can be moved to to the general forums, where everyone can add their own comments.

• pejon60
    250 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 9:08 AM

LMAO

So why do you have an email collection facility in the registration?

Ah forgot....valuable data collection to sell to a 3rd party!!

Silly me.

• PAGES
RSS