Forums

Help › Forums

gutted, lost the love

Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:02 AM (21 replies)
  • mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 1:47 PM

im gutted at the moment ive just lost the love for this game :(

ive taken a break and come back hoping to be refreshed but i still get irritated.

has something changed in the game?

shots seem abit wierd at times

are there new clubs on the way and thats why my irons feel different.

i remember my wedges went abit strange and days later out popped some new wedges which im not to sure about as the top wedges in wgt ive gone back to the z satin for my short wedge and glad i never sold it..

im having a moan and i expect all the usual trolls to post comments like leave then if your not happy

and dont bang ya head on the way out and all that.

i dunno anyone got any productive advice ?

maybe my expectations are to high and ive hit a wall in my journey on wgt

i used to love playing wgt every day, sometimes i thought to myself i had a bad addiction but it seems to have gone and i am gutted :( 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:04 PM

1st you've got to ask yourself what you want out of the game. Do you want to be 1 of the Elite players and challenge for every tournament? Are you happy being a good player that can sometimes win if you have a good day? Or do you just want to play the game for fun?

You can obviously play a bit looking at your average but maybe have plateaued at that level. Like hitting a wall as you mentioned.

As for the shots being weird i agree it changes from week to week but this is what makes me come back day after day. I'm determined to beat it i guess.

• WGTpizza
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:11 PM

mmikkeelee:
    i dunno anyone got any productive advice ?

Hello mmikkeelee!

Good job by reaching out to the forums - what better place to get advice on WGT? :)

It sounds to me like you have an old fashion case of rust. I apologize if my assessment is too simple, but it sounds to me like you have possibly fallen out of practice since your time off.

I have heard several accounts from many different players who have had similar situations like yours, where they feel like when they come back from a long time off that "the game changed" or "something has changed" that is out of their control. With time and practice, things magically "went back to normal".

Just keep your head up, keep trying to improve, and while you're here, take a look around the forums/FAQs to brush up on some basics for the exact area in your golf game you are having trouble with. I'm sure you will find something helpful.

Stay classy,

-WGTpizza

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:15 PM

thanks dazza for your genuine reply i appreciate that mate.

well ive played here for a year now, after a month or so i thought to myself yes i want to play with the big boys..

i dont expect to compete with any of the best players yet as ive still alot to learn i suppose after all i havnt got no were near as many ranked rounds.

but i do want to play with the elite i meen dont most of us deep down.

maybe your right i just have to get through this wall of being plateaued. 

also thankyou for the freind invite, u see maybe if i play along side better players i may learn more about my game

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:15 PM

Hey mmik, I fell your pain. I'm pretty much in the same boat. I played and played and played to the point, that even my grand kids thought I had lost my mind. I was totally obsessed with making Legend. When I did the obsession was gone. Not the love mind you, I still love the game and my fiends on here What we thought was love was a total addiction. I can still pull off a few great shots from the tips, but the 29's-30's are not showing up. I have played many games lately where I was 4-5 under and then had the game go to pieces. Just do what I'm doing, if you want to play a full round do it. If you want to keep your CDP then pop on, play one hole and call it a night. I swore that when I made Legend, my complaining and rants would cease. They have, I will never be one of the top players on here, have no desire to be, but I can't give up my friends on here, or the opportunity to get that next eagle, double eagle or HIO. Just got my third HIO, first one as a Legend. Keep your chin up friend, you've paid your dues, nothing left to prove.

Just Have Fun

Renniw52

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:19 PM

thankyou pizza yes upto now my spirits have gone better i suppose there is nothin better than alittle help in the forums off nice people.

and after my little rant i slamdunked a 145 yard shot for eagle on cabo hole 1 lol are u playing with my heart strings wgt lol.

thanks again pizza and dazza :)

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:23 PM

thankyou as well renniw52

i know maybe i have set my goals alittle to high

i thought once i made legend id be chilled but now im obsessed with getting my average below 60 lol

then it will be below 59 i need to chill out i suppose.

maybe wen ive played 400 rounds as legend and average is then stable al be good or maybe im to much of a perfectionist :)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:25 PM

You definitely have to keep your head in this game or it will beat you every-time. The game is evolving from week to week it seems with the changes in the wind and putting speeds. The game isn't getting any easier and losing focus, or straying from the basics will surely put a damper on making birdies.

For me, Summer time takes me away from the game and I don't get to play as often as I would like. This is half the battle of staying competitive. We have to put in the practice to stay on the edge, and when that starts to falter, players will instantly see a change in their scoring.

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:30 PM

All it takes is a slam dunk now and then...they're so much fun!

Hang in there and sail through the doldrums.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:39 PM

Just keep the smile mmik, I was so proud of hitting that 61 avg, I didn't want to keep a game that would move it up. My buds in our CC called me out for it. Played a CC Tourney, went up to a lovely 64.25. That is still 24 strokes lower than my average IRL. I've played real golf since I was a caddie at 11 years old. Have played for 49 years now and have never shot a 28 on a real course. It was a 28 on WGT that got me to Legend. One of the happiest lines in music says, Don't worry, be happy. Hope I helped ya out.

RSS