Forums

Help › Forums

gutted, lost the love

Fri, Jun 15 2012 10:02 AM (21 replies)
  • mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:57 PM

i have to say thankyou again to all of you, you are what makes this game so great, even though i wasnt playin in the break i still came on the forums to help others out or to keep in touch with freinds.

im already thinking positive again after all the support and no troll comments yet wow lol.

happy shooting  and great respect to you all :))

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 2:58 PM

Re:  No desire.

I'm not a flash type golfer on here, just plod along getting a -4 once in a while. 

Have reached a leveling off point many times. 

One thing that brings me back is that 40foot putt, hole a pitch or chip. the 350 yard drive. 

If and when I do lose some interest, I like to go to the ctth, and the 3 hole pratice games and program some really outlandish requirements, and then give it my best try.  I also enjoy playing rounds with beginners, their show of and level of excitment is contagious. 

I do what I can to give them tips if they want them.  Gives me a charge to watch some beginner see the light, and get better much quicker than I did at the same stage. 

Dang It!  I'm not done yet!  Still need a 400yard drive, a Hole in 1, a double eagle, break 30, break 60. a 100foot putt, reach Tour Master tier, I have many things yet to do here!  If you took a moment to review those times when you did accomplishe something to make you estactic and feel that charge again.  Perhaps that will be enough to get you back in the grove.  Hope so.  my nickle.

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 4:28 PM

So sad , i hope you get to enjoy WGT once again mmikkeelee ,  it gets to the point where that wall pops up , really hope you get the love back , my friends on WGT that bring a smile to my face is what i love the most , that is what brings me back day after day  !  .... Good luck and hope to see you round the forums !

thank you ,  ...  dflop !

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 5:34 PM

I'm going to go a different way. When you feel like you're right up against that wall, play practice rounds with the starter clubs and free balls from the white(medium) tees on your favorite courses. You'll be amazed at how it shocks you into a deeper concentration while relieving you of worrying about your score average. You'll be making hard pars and feeling accomplishment. Birdies are like eagles and it's just fun. You joined for the fun. Have some. :-)

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 5:51 PM

When the "wall" shows up,  I don't even mind it anymore,  I know my joy of this game comes from alt/shot, beer and good times with the friends I have on this site.

They may be "virtual" friends, but if any of them where to be in my area, I would hang out with them just like I would as if we knew each other since childhood.   And that is what keeps me playing this game.

Beer and laughter,   just like golf in real life for me.  lol

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 6:03 PM

Being the best is a good motivator but spending time with friends is priceless.

Have fun you all

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Wed, Jun 13 2012 6:23 PM

Hang in there bud. Just like IRL when the game gets to ya.BAM your get that great round that makes you want to get back out there and do it all over the next day.

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 5:56 AM

thankyou again to everyone

u see i agree so much with you all and the kind messages you have posted, you really are what makes the game so great.

i have taken on board all of the posts and yes i did have a great round last night and im back on the buzz again.

i feel so silly now lol and i will bash through this wall i have done before i will do it again.

thanks once again and looking forward to the us open today i cannot wait 

happy shooting all :))

• dflop
    1,877 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 12:57 PM

Excellent mmikkeelee , i am so happy things are turning around , sometimes a good old fashion chat is just what we need , well go get'em and most of all ENJOY and have fun !  ......   very happy for you !    ......  see ya round  !

thank you ,  ......  dflop  !

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 2:05 PM

thankyou dflop you are a true gent and yes for the good msgs and kind hearted players like yourself has put bk a spring in my step, very helpfull indeed.

a special thanks to dazza501, he heard me and kinda put his arms round me lol 

invited me to his country club and made it possible for the invite, it will be a step up as there is alot of great players there but can only improve my game.

great thanks to mistydawn for understanding why i left her cc which as a great cc and alot of fun .

thankyou all again :)

RSS