Help › Forums

I need help with the iWi Anser Series Putter from PING

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 9 2011 6:47 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • piescanfly
    13 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 10:34 AM

It doesn't go far. Any tips on helping me master this club?

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 1:45 PM

Something that takes getting use to is the Auto Caddie, or the default club and shot selection for each attempt.  When putting, the Auto Caddie selects your putting scale, but since there are many scales available, it can adversely affect your distance if you are not paying attention.  My advice is to always look at the scale selection before you putt and change it to what you want.  Again, it takes some getting used to so check it on every stroke.

Joey         

• piescanfly
    13 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 5:56 PM

Joeyola:

Something that takes getting use to is the Auto Caddie, or the default club and shot selection for each attempt.  When putting, the Auto Caddie selects your putting scale, but since there are many scales available, it can adversely affect your distance if you are not paying attention.  My advice is to always look at the scale selection before you putt and change it to what you want.  Again, it takes some getting used to so check it on every stroke.

Joey         

Yeah, Thanks! But also, when I'm putting with the club, it curves off, even on straight greens. I was like what the heck???

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:01 PM

Joeyola:
    When putting, the Auto Caddie selects your putting scale, but since there are many scales available, it can adversely affect your distance if you are not paying attention.

It would be nice if we, the club owner, where able to set our own default scale. I, like most people, like the 30 foot scale and being able to select this default would take away any chance for a short putt.

The Anser iWi putter has a default scale of 15 feet. If you don't remember to change the scale, your putt will come-up short everytime.

Also, when putting on St. Andrews, the default scale could sometimes be 150, or the newly added 300 foot scale.

GL

• piescanfly
    13 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:07 PM

Yeah, yeah. WHY does it curve?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:08 PM

piescanfly:

Yeah, yeah. WHY does it curve?

less forgiveness and not a 'pure' hit.... when you hit it early it will curve left... when you hit it late, it will curve right.  If you want straight, you have to hit it right on the line.

• piescanfly
    13 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:21 PM

That sucks. I KNEW I shouldda gotten that TaylorMade!!!

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:36 PM

piescanfly:

That sucks. I KNEW I shouldda gotten that TaylorMade!!!

I had the Spider and although it has better forgiveness the lack of precision makes the anser a much better choice once you get used to the faster swing meter. 

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:40 PM

Precision is key

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 25 2010 7:42 PM

piescanfly:
    It doesn't go far. Any tips on helping me master this club?

http://wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

Live by that article. 

• PAGES
RSS