Forums

Help › Forums

Survey says "No thanks" . . . without asking anything!?

Sat, Jul 7 2012 9:00 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Masterius
    33 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 7:14 PM

OK, I realize that, when taking surveys for free credits one isn't going to meet the criteria for every one, but this latest is mind-boggling.  I click to take a survey, and without asking a single question, I'm told I don't qualify??

Sheesh!  ::rolls eyes::

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 7:33 PM

I've filled out the Opinion Survey information page on a few occasions, and when I clicked submit, it said, "sorry, there are no surveys at this time". lol

I've even clicked start survey and was told there are no surveys. It happens. I'm sure the survey company conducting the survey can read a persons IP address. This keeps people from taking surveys over and over.

The surveys fund my Callaway golf balls with ease. I, along with others will assure you, the surveys work. And handily.

• Masterius
    33 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 8:06 PM

Richard4168:

The surveys fund my Callaway golf balls with ease. I, along with others will assure you, the surveys work. And handily.

I know they work.  I just found it exquisitely peculiar that I could be disqualified without ever having been asked a single question.

• srellim234
    2,077 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 8:48 PM

I find that Peanut Labs in particular (some others do, too) retains your demographic information in order to direct you to an actual survey company. Peanut, MyView, Ampario, etc. are working with multiple survey companies as prescreeners. If they find a match they redirect people to the actual survey company's site, where they ask for the information all over again.

Apparently you were disqualified once you clicked on the survey and the prescreener matched your demographic to what they had available.

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2012 9:22 PM

i would rather be kicked out early than spend 15 minutes answering questions then when you give an honest answer they don't want to here they kick you out near the end lol

• KentVadimony
    15 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 11:18 AM

I haven't qualified for a single survey to date and I've been a member for about 18 months.  I understand the specific demographics but I mean, to what end?  Seems like they're just dangling a fancy prize in front of your eyes and saying "No thanks, we're not interested."

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:26 PM

I popped 4 today. It was easier than usual IMO. :-)

I agree with an earlier post that I'd rather get kicked out right away then spend 15 minutes then get the boot.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 12:33 PM

Imagine what they can do with all the free information you gave them while trying to qualify...

• KentVadimony
    15 Posts
    Thu, Jun 21 2012 6:07 PM

alosso:

Imagine what they can do with all the free information you gave them while trying to qualify...

This is something I've wondered as well.  I'm sort of suspicious as to if some of these survey companies are only puppets that sell info to other companies.  If I can't qualify for a specific survey even after going through multiple times, selecting a different set of answers each time, how could anyone qualify?

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sat, Jul 7 2012 12:24 AM

they work foy you maybe, but for the majority of players they get turned down constantly.i hope you enjoy you callaway ballsbut have a little empathy for those who get turned down repeatedly.

• PAGES
RSS