Help › Forums

BEYOND LEGEND.

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jul 14 2012 2:14 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • royphillips1
    1,278 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 8:22 AM

Is there any  Thought by the wgt  game managemt staff to add an Extra Tier in the near future,  Above Legend   like a   ELITE Tier,  lts Pretty Clear Some Legends are way above their fellow Legend  in playing skill, in our Club we have a few Such Guys   Think its time to Tweak the game and put these guys in a new Tier and challenge them as some are finding it  a bit Easy..

Roy

• TonyTurbo78
    340 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 10:56 AM

tweakers...... just had to say that lol

On a sensible note, if you go down that road where do you stop.  

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 11:19 AM

hi,

we are working on a new tier:)

details will be forthcoming.

-wgticon

• 7thwave
    556 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 11:25 AM

Can't wait for the reveal

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 12:15 PM

When you come up with terrible Legend tier, let me know. I will send in my application. I made it the hard way and still playing the hard way. Makes it more realistic to me. I can't shoot these scores on a real golf course, and would bet a years salary that no one else can either. Not on every round. That said, I totally agree that any player with an average of 59 or lower should only be able to enter tournaments with players of their level. Alt shot games or match are open game, I would love to get some tips from these players. I have all the respect in the world for them, they have paid their dues and deserve to be called the Elite. No jealously at all, just respect.

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 12:27 PM

The average is just a number, it is not relative to ones current playing ability, but rather lets say a potential best. 

My true average right now taking into the 110 rounds of golf in my score history is 63.53,   Another way to look at an average is too look at how I would shoot on a par 72 course using my current average scores for each type of hole which would take into consideration all of my ranked rounds

• par 3                2.78*4 = 11.12
    • par 4                3.68*10=36.8
    • par 5                4.3*4=17.2

average=65.12

My WGT average is 58.72, that a huge difference.

So when WGT does release the new tier I hope they take a real good look at who actually belongs in it.

Cheers,

b0gey

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 12:32 PM

b0geybuster:

• par 3                2.78*4 = 11.12
    • par 4                3.68*10=36.8
    • par 5                4.3*4=17.2

average=65.12

My WGT average is 58.72, that a huge difference.

Funny...yesterday I ran the numbers like you did...and have about the same numbers as yourself!

However, we have to remember that's all our scores...hack-on up, that we posted.  I'm too lazy to spreadsheet my current score history...but I'd say 62-ish-63 would be more realistic.

Edit...decided to spread sheet it..

9 hole avg is 31.67 (63.35)

18 hole avg (smaller sample tho...) is 62.59

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 12:52 PM

WGTicon:

hi,

-wgticon

It stands in my profile "no motivation lately"......this is the "thing" that keeps me here, playing only alternates & match games. I get bored playing on my own even in 9 hole matches.

The game is so easy that somehow annoys me. Really longing for some changes to make this game as tough as in reality.

Hope the new tier comes out pretty soon, whether championship greens for legend for ranked matches, new ball fairway "lie" feature, side spin for woods & long irons, dry or wet fairways, longer tier (that I doubt it can be done), single play for all WGT tournaments & ranked matches, etc.

GO WGT!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:07 PM

LOLserver:

WGTicon:

hi,

-wgticon

It stands in my profile "no motivation lately"......this is the "thing" that keeps me here, playing only alternates & match games. I get bored playing on my own even in 9 hole matches.

The game is so easy that somehow annoys me. Really longing for some changes to make this game as tough as in reality.

Hope the new tier comes out pretty soon, whether championship greens for legend for ranked matches, new ball fairway "lie" feature, side spin for woods & long irons, dry or wet fairways, longer tier (that I doubt it can be done), single play for all WGT tournaments & ranked matches, etc.

GO WGT!

I found new juice in playing with the starter clubs and free ball from too far away. Super hard pars are a lot of fun when the clubs don't work,the ball doesn't spin at all, and the putter is bent.

As to the new Tier above Legend,    "Immortal" would be the next step IMO. ;-)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jul 13 2012 1:08 PM

How many people, who play real life golf, are breaking 80 for every 18 hole round? I'll be the first to say I can't. Let's be honest folks, speak up. If I shoot an 84-85 I have had a great day.

• PAGES
RSS