Forums

Help › Forums

Flash and WGT

Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:10 PM (118 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Aug 15 2012 10:01 PM

It maybe wise to add this type of information to your FAQ section, and any step by step guides.

• AlexBorgesjr
    1,305 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 12:08 AM

95 percent of the problems is on our side , most people have computers that are 5 years old or 4, man they have to be spotless,and nothing else running.

• pUGfANmn
    436 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 9:46 PM

marcbgd:

I have tried a number of times to install the 11.3.300.268 version for i.e. 9 many times but I always get the error that a newer version is already installed. I uninstalled chrome, uninstalled flash, and deleted all files related to flash. Yet, i still get the same message. Any suggestions? I'n running windows 7 home premium sp1 64bit. I finally gave up and installed comodo dragon so i could play while trying to figure this out. Any help is appreciated. 

I was trying to do the same recently myself and worked over the issue for quite awhile (but for a completely different reason than to play).  After some serious research and a little trial and error, I found a way that got it updated.

1. Make sure in IE9 the "ActiveX Filtering" is unchecked.
    2. Use the Adobe Uninstaller after making sure it's uninstalled through Windows
    3. Try downloading the offline installer and make sure it's the .msi version 

There were some other steps I saw in various forums through Adobe that had a couple other steps that were a bit more technical and hard to track down the pieces needed.  The above steps may just work without the extra techie steps.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 10:04 PM

AFAIK, once you deinstalled Chrome and Flash, you only have to install Chrome as it contains Flash.

There might be two Flash versions then, the (lower numbered) Pepper Flash to be deactivated.

The Windows version of Flash ain't necessary. It will bring a third version - deactivate in Chrome.

• peteduffer
    48 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 7:34 AM

So tell me how to fix chrome not being able to use my space bar when I chat. I've looked for updates on Adobe but see none.

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 8:54 AM

The easiest? Stop using Chrome as your game client (play screen) browser. There are a number of other browsers that handle the game client well, without the Flash instability issues that Chrome users experience. The issue with Chrome is that, without settings changes in the 'back rooms' of the browser, Chrome force-feeds Flash updates into the browser - whereas YOU have control of Flash 'upgrades' in other browsers.

I'm in the group that finds Comodo Dragon browser (free, direct from Comodo) to be a good solution - it's Chrome based, and on install you can import favorites, etc. from Chrome. Using Dragon's full-screen option (rather than the WGT game.client 'full screen' button) you'll be more than satisfied. Using the Settings option in Dragon, just set Updates to the 'Ask me first...' button.

Whichever browser you pick, limit its use to WGT game play and perhaps a few other limited-use sites. If you want other options, do a Forum search for 'best WGT browser'.

One more option: be patient and an upcoming Flash update will include a bug-fix.

• Gumby77
    15 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 9:14 AM

Shockwave Flash Crashes In Google Chrome

This fixed it for me.

Cheers

• borntobesting
    9,686 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2013 12:46 PM

peteduffer:

So tell me how to fix chrome not being able to use my space bar when I chat. I've looked for updates on Adobe but see none.

Click on settings. Scroll down to show advanced settings and click on it.

Scroll down to privacy and click on content settings.

scroll down to plug-ins and click on disable individual plug-ins. 

scroll down and find Adobe flash player. There should be 2 files. disable the file that is similar to this:

Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
    Version: 11.7.700.179
    \26.0.1410.64\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)

• aussiegad
    1,588 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 9:34 PM

Thank you borntobesting

I had to stop using Chrome quiet some time ago when the swing meter wouldn't stop when I hit the mouse button. I wasn't getting that same problem with other browsers but most had other issues or things I didn't like. I eventually ended up using Comodo Dragon in it's place, which hasn't been too bad.

Every now & then I'd give chrome a run to see if a flash player update or something had fixed the problem but without any luck.

I just did a forum search for "swing meter won't stop in chrome" & found your post. I followed your advice & bingo, it now works as it should & I can go back to using chrome which has always been the best (until this happened) browser I have used for wgt.

Again, thank you, borntobesting.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Thu, Aug 15 2013 9:49 PM

OK some questions here, on re-reading this thread.

I am trying to help a friend with a laptop problem he has, in that his mouse click don't stop the meter exactly where he clicks so he is having to hit before the ding line, and, he says his meter is much faster on his laptop compared to his desktop.

I don't have details of browsers he uses so all replies will be helpful.

The destop also has a less powerful Cpu, so it's a double mystery for him.

Any helpful advice please post it here.

For myself I use Maxthon 3.5.2.600 as reco by tbe, but the Full Screen format , altho wonderful to look at, does not load the next frame quick enough, so I never see the finish of the ball, which is very frustrating. In normal scren I don;t have this problem.

Is there some setting I may have wrong, cos I don't want to miss out, and I just did a 31 at Whistler front 9 in the weeklies and missed 2 easy putts as well.

RSS