Help › Forums

Flash and WGT

Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:10 PM (118 replies)
  • ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Thu, Aug 15 2013 10:07 PM

oneeyedjohn:
    in that his mouse click don't stop the meter exactly where he clicks

Is he using the laptop touch pad or a wired, wireless or bluetooth mouse?

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:24 AM

That I don't know, but I will link him this thread ( he's not a forum reader ) and any uselful info you have.

Any ideas on my problem with Full screen, my computer is very healthy and quite new - 2.7 Ghz

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 12:56 AM

The problem with the slow loading of the next view could be down to a slow download speed on your Internet as I used to get that before I changed to a better ISP.

Some monitors can't get full screen due to their awkward size, I use the same browser as you and with my 15 inch box screen it does full screen easily.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 2:39 AM

Thanks Courteney, I do have a slightly larger screen on this puter, which may be the problem, a lot of pixels,.

I will try on the other compter which is very clean and similar Ghz, but with a smaller monitor.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,572 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:25 PM

This the info from my mate 

http://00.creativecdn.com/creatives?id=NtakE3XRSmUg6FEdICjq

"I,m using windows 7, 64 bit i5 processor, 6 gig of ram. I use Maxthon version 4.1.0.4000. Using a wired mouse.
    Just to say that I have no problems with the meter skipping. It is very smooth. It is just that it moves faster along the bar and I have to click way early to get it to stop on the ding.
    Weird that on my old desktop with a much slower processor the meter is slower and the click mark is instant"
    He doesn't think.much can be done, but if anyone has any bright ideas, then please come forward.
    Thanks

• Chinajohn
    1,190 Posts
    Fri, Aug 16 2013 7:47 PM

oneeyedjohn:

This the info from my mate 

http://00.creativecdn.com/creatives?id=NtakE3XRSmUg6FEdICjq

"I,m using windows 7, 64 bit i5 processor, 6 gig of ram. I use Maxthon version 4.1.0.4000. Using a wired mouse.
    Just to say that I have no problems with the meter skipping. It is very smooth. It is just that it moves faster along the bar and I have to click way early to get it to stop on the ding.
    Weird that on my old desktop with a much slower processor the meter is slower and the click mark is instant"
    He doesn't think.much can be done, but if anyone has any bright ideas, then please come forward.
    Thanks

Sorry John no bright ideas; I get the same thing constantly, the speed of the meter is different from game to game, and the time from hitting the click to it stopping the meter is also variable.

I don't know of any cure (apart from learn to live with it), but I'm of the opinion that the varying speed of the meter is down to WGT but the varying time from click to stop is down to an accumulation of processor speed, connection speed etc. I do agree with your mate though, it's very frustrating!

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 6:46 PM

oneeyedjohn:

[One-eyed's friend] doesn't think.much can be done, but if anyone has any bright ideas, then please come forward.
    Thanks

May want to bite the bullet and upgrade Flash; the meter is significantly better since the recent set of 'updates' from WGT, but for me personally it took upgrading Flash to:

Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers) 11.8.800.94,

then clearing both browser AND Flash cache and cookies, and resetting my preferred game settings. Once that was done and the dust settled, the game has been near flawless for me. I'm a Comodo Dragon player, but I suspect the same exercise would be useful across browser platforms.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:10 PM

try full un-installation of flash and java ..... that should sort it out , sounds like theres a corrupt file somewhere  and I suspect flash .....  follow this completely (HERE)

RSS