Forums

Help › Forums

Flash and WGT

Sat, Aug 17 2013 7:10 PM (118 replies)
  • chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:14 AM

yeah .. & Maxon's full screen is clear & crisp .. unlike the game client's full screen mode ..

just had to say it again .. very impressed with the whole package .. makes shooting low scores consistently  a whole lot easier ..

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:45 AM

But i still managed to get a meter pause which ruined a decent round for me just now, and was it just a coincidence when i looked up after this damn meter pause i had an extra friend in my list?  Why doesn't WGT wise up about this effecting the meter and give us the option to exclude friend list all together while we play a round instead of it interfering with our game.

• DevilsDenBen
    3 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 6:55 AM

I am not new to WGT, but have been away from the game for a while, except for a few games here and there. I am using Chrome and the game is essentially unplayable, which frustrates me. I am not a tech guru and will not download a new browser. So, I was just wondering if the Flash issue is on other games on other sites, or is it a WGT thing? Also, why would it take Adobe so long to fix a problem, if the problem is indeed theirs? Thanks.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:35 AM

mines has an X on it... i just click it and it disappears.

maxthon forum's there too.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:46 AM

chrisironsbones:

But i still managed to get a meter pause which ruined a decent round for me just now, and was it just a coincidence when i looked up after this damn meter pause i had an extra friend in my list?  Why doesn't WGT wise up about this effecting the meter and give us the option to exclude friend list all together while we play a round instead of it interfering with our game.

sadly...no matter how decent a browser or pc folks have...if the game's gonner pump you it will.

friends list should be removed from the game interface when you're playing. if folks want to invite etc...then they can via their profile page.

having said that.....if wgt were to remove the list off the game interface....it would only free up space to chuck something else in eventually.

tbe

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 7:58 AM

gator5613:

hello al

i1m trying maxthon3 as we speak seems good

only 1 annoying problem? when in game mode theres a little window in bottom right hand corner that says pop up i can~t get it to go away  only when playin

any help would be gr8

Options...........

Video Popup
     Show Video Popup button

Make sure its unchecked,,options will be in the square smiley face on top left corner,

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:41 AM

DevilsDenBen:

I am not new to WGT, but have been away from the game for a while, except for a few games here and there. I am using Chrome and the game is essentially unplayable, which frustrates me. I am not a tech guru and will not download a new browser. So, I was just wondering if the Flash issue is on other games on other sites, or is it a WGT thing? Also, why would it take Adobe so long to fix a problem, if the problem is indeed theirs? Thanks.

You'll have to deactivate one or two Flash versions in your PC and continue only with ....268. Advice in the thread "No play and other other problems with chrome browser".

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 8:45 AM

DevilsDenBen:

So, I was just wondering if the Flash issue is on other games on other sites, or is it a WGT thing? Also, why would it take Adobe so long to fix a problem, if the problem is indeed theirs? Thanks.

apparently the problem isn't just exclusive you wgt. for example facebook flash games were/are effected also....so i read.

why would it take adobe so long to fix the problem if it was their problem?

i'm not going to point fingers at adobe, however they did release xx.xx.xx.270 but if you go and try to download the latest version of flash player it's back to xx.xx.xx.268, therefore they've done it for a reason.

tbe

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 9:29 AM

The culprit is really the Shockwave flash version .222 and/or .225. You need to disable either of these after typing Chrome:plugins in your http://www. section. The pepper flash player is what is causing the problem

Here's what it looks like:

Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
    Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31
    Version: 11.3.31.225
    Location: C:\Users\Walter\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.75\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)

MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player

.spl

• gator5613
    41 Posts
    Fri, Aug 10 2012 10:12 AM

ty it worked never thought it was a video pop up

now i have a very good browser  for now  works gr8