Forums

Help › Forums

why are 3 average pros top of rankings?

Thu, Aug 16 2012 4:47 PM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTwildcat
    648 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 12:18 PM

Hi all, wgticon is correct that all of our sweepstakes winners are chosen at random. Sometimes there are eligibility issues (some countries don't allow their residents to win, etc.) so in that case we would choose the next eligible winner -- however, still random.

Apologies for the delay in posting each tournament winner list, those will be posted in the Winners Circle forum as soon as we get them finalized and have all the approvals, etc. that we need. But at least you know the right place to look for that information!

Stay tuned...

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 12:43 PM

WGTwildcat:

those will be posted in the Winners Circle forum as soon as we get them finalized and have all the approvals,

Stay tuned...

So they haven't been paid yet?

• scottymufc
    81 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 1:36 PM

yeah , sorry, forgive my ignorance then, from now on i shall cease from buying new eqpt, and trying to be a better tournament player,and i shall simply enter all the sweepstakes nearest the hole,i will shoot the highest score i possibly can , as obviously i have more chance of beating a legend to the top of the earnings monthly board, ,, wonder if i could win the best of water holes, by putting each shot in water , then,as why try to be near the hole, doesnt matter.

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 2:56 PM

I don't know the theory behind this post but many of the tournaments have been random drawing since the beginning of WGT.

There are still 'skill' tournaments that give away prizes and credits but these are meant to give everyone a chance to win something.  If it wasn't this way, all the big prizes would be won by a group of a dozen players or so.

The earnings board doesn't mean much because it is earnings, not net winnings.  You could in theory be on top of the board and have lost money during the month.  I would love to see a true earnings board that doesn't take in prizes won but I suspect that WGT likes everyone to see large winnings by players.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 3:31 PM

TarheelsRule:
    The earnings board doesn't mean much because it is earnings, not net winnings.  You could in theory be on top of the board and have lost money during the month.  I would love to see a true earnings board that doesn't take in prizes won but I suspect that WGT likes everyone to see large winnings by players.

That's a good point, runwme mentioned the month he was the leader, he actually spent more playing than he took in...was just a goal of his to be on top.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Aug 13 2012 6:34 PM

Where the heck is this monthly earning board? 

• TarheelsRule
    5,554 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:13 PM

Bottom of the log in page.  It shows YTD, Career, Monthly, etc.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Aug 14 2012 6:26 PM

TarheelsRule:

Bottom of the log in page.  It shows YTD, Career, Monthly, etc.

Thanks THR. Now I know why I nver noticed it. You have to look at it before we log in. Strange that there's no Home Page option once we've logged in.

• StormTigers
    264 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 4:02 PM

Ummmm they are (won by the same group) and they are called Legends - or by the SYBIL alter-egos of many of the same people !

Winners when it is something of value are not only extreme gamers but also gamblers who in many cases have multiple id's so that their chances of winning are greatly increased.   And anyone who pooh pooh's that idea has his/her head in the sand !

Here's some doozie's for you - no names.

The Amateur field Leader in a Open tourney with a 61 !!!!!!!!

This fellow is a Level  55 AMATEUR Tier !

Stroke Play Score Average   61.00
    Best 9-Hole Round    31
    Best 18-Hole Round   61
    Total Ranked Rounds Played 

And then there's this guy - Level 80 (yes thats right Level 80) HACK Tier.

Leading the Hack Field in the same Tournament with a 59 !!!!!!!

(hmmm 13 birdies out of 18 holes ?)

Stroke Play Score Average    59.50
    Best 9-Hole Round    30
    Best 18-Hole Round    59
    Total Ranked Rounds Played      2

Cough Cough Cough - bullshizer !  Sorry bad cold !

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Aug 16 2012 4:47 PM

Will this ever die and get buried? Let it go people. My goodness, these things have happened since the beginning of time. Don't call it cheating, it is circumventing the system. Be proud, be honest, play fair and have fun. Let the scum float to the top, it is always the first to be be removed and flushed. And it is what it is, SCUM.

• PAGES
RSS