• PAGES
  • aaratts
    4 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:42 AM

How can a Pro play in a hack tier?

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:05 AM

Match play (and CTTH, Blitz, Alternate Shot) does not count to the average, even though they may be "rated".

Only "ranked" strokeplay rounds, set up like this by the players for single play or multiuser play, and all stroke play tourneys by WGT and CCs count towards the average.

• aaratts
    4 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:21 AM

Define "ranked". Is that tournaments?

If so I saw someone who was a hack but averages a 59.5 and shot a 59 in a Tournament. Trying not to call anyone out just wanted to know how that was possible. Even with non-ranked rounds shooting like that would eventully move you up. Right?

Thanks again.

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 9:42 AM

tiger319:

If this is true why are there so many "Amatuers" with averages in the low 60's and 20 plus ranked match play rounds???

Matchplay games aren't ranked.

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 10:58 AM

Just scored.

• PJYoung
    50 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 2:06 PM

If a hack has a stroke average in the 50s he just hasn't played enough ranked rounds to move up in tiers yet.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 2:39 PM

aaratts:

Define "ranked". Is that tournaments?

I did, it's stroke play tourneys plus those set up as "ranked" in the game client.

aaratts:

If so I saw someone who was a hack but averages a 59.5 and shot a 59 in a Tournament. Trying not to call anyone out just wanted to know how that was possible. Even with non-ranked rounds shooting like that would eventully move you up. Right?

No. Only ranked rounds count towards the average and eventually lead to tiering up. Practice ain't ranked.

A hack playing 59 is either gifted with big talent, someone who practiced a lot or someone with more than one WGT life.

• dimon99
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 7:18 PM

aaratts:

How can a Pro play in a hack tier?

He was a hack earlier this month.  I  can still play  one tourney  as a hack and another one as amateur...I joined on aug 1st,and some tourneys are a month long.  

• PAGES
RSS