Forums

Help › Forums

Flash 11.4 is being rolled out - need your help

Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:09 AM (66 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Aug 21 2012 7:35 PM

Thanks for the feedback 

I have been using 11.4.402.265 on chrome all day with pepper disabled and it looks fine and smooth.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:26 AM

pjctas0822:

Oldbayrunner:

pjctas0822:

Im fine and will stick with what is not broke for a few more months. There is no known software that I use that requires or forces me to update FLASH so it would make no sense to update that at this time. Good luck to all that do. And TY WGT for being ahead of the game this time. Will save yourselves a lot of headache.

So why bother to post? I believe they are asking feedback from those that do...lol

Because I felt like it. And I did enough after the last update that's why. And still not a single Thanks from WGT so I wont be a guinea pig in the future as far as that goes.

So did I and continue to, only the difference is I don't expect any THANKS from WGT or anyone else for trying to help WGT or other members.  Seems like your developing a case against WGT.. Hows that working out for you? LOL

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 6:39 AM

Tresclub:

Oldbayrunner:

The only way to update it is to backdoor this newest version of Adobe Flash. I have done it with mine and this latest version of Adobe works fine. My meter remained smooth and I have not encountered any other problems. 

OBR,  I am a Maxthon user.  What do mean by "backdoor this ..."?

Warren

You can copy the new Adobe Flash 11.4 version  NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll  file from the latest version of flash on your computer into  the Maxthon3 NPplugins folder and delete the existing NPSWF32.dll in it, which will update Maxthon3. 

What I suggest 1st is to download the new Beta version of Maxthon3, found in the Maxthon forum, as it has .270 Flash and has some bug fixes for the browser.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 7:02 AM

seems fine to me too on Comodo dragon, smooth and fairly consistent.

Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, 

• wontunow
    26 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 8:09 AM

Just d/l the newest version of Flash, just because the Game was acting up again.

I don't have time to play a game, but  with the new version, the meter was smooth as silk.

Name: Shockwave Flash
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
    Version: 11,4,402,265
    Location: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll
    Type: NPAPI
      Disable
    MIME types:
    MIME type Description File extensions
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
    .spl

• Santiago124
    157 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 5:21 PM

Hi OBR,

I cant figure this out...my IE already has ver 265 but my Chrome lists the following in the plug-in page and Ive tried the steps posted for the update but cant seem to have ver 265 on my Chrome???  What dfo you suggest?

Thanks for your time.

Santi

Plug-ins (11)
    Flash (2 files) Version: 11.3.31.230
    Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31
    Version: 11.3.31.230
    Location: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.83\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    Type: PPAPI (out-of-process)
      Disable
    MIME types:
    application/x-shockwave-flash Shockwave Flash
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash Player
    .spl
    Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
    Version: 11,3,300,271
    Location: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.83\gcswf32.dll
    Type: NPAPI
      Disable
    MIME types:
    application/x-shockwave-flash Adobe Flash movie
    .swf
    application/futuresplash FutureSplash movie
    .spl

• swdeva
    238 Posts
    Wed, Aug 22 2012 11:26 PM

Hi WGTadmin2, the new flash player at least for me is working very well. Much better improvement over 11.3. Using Firefox browser on Mac Book Pro.

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 5:57 AM

You can try these; First go to the wrench in the upper right corner...In the drop down menu go down to About Google chrome...then click on that..In that menu check to see if it is up to date or needs to be updated. If it needs up datinr then do that. Then do About:plugins and check to see if it is in the menu...If it is then Disable ALL other versions Especially this one

Flash (2 files) - Version: 11.3.31.230

Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31

Description: Shockwave Flash 11.3 r31

Version: 11.3.31.230

Location: C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\21.0.1180.83\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll Type:

PPAPI (out-of-process)

2nd method, which is easier, is to uninstall Chrome then reinstall it which will add the newest version. Then do the About:plugins and disable all the others You could go to Adobe and download the Chrome version but you would still need to update your Google Chrome afterwards.

I have completely removed Chrome from my system because I got tired of dealing with going back in and disabling the Culprit Shockwave everytime there was an update by either Chrome or Adobe. The next time one or the other updates you will have to go back and disable the garbage Shockwave again. Suggestion go to another browser...maybe not Firefox... and be done with it. Maxthon3 is 200% faster than Chrome and performs much better for game play.

• Bugsytwo
    18 Posts
    Thu, Aug 23 2012 8:29 AM

Thanks WGT, however - installed new flash version .. everything still stuttering.

In addition, flash freezes up the whole works if PC left idle for a couple of minutes (with a game still active, but idle).

Conclusion, new version does not seem to have solved anything, in fact I think it has made it worse, and higher memory consumption.

But keep on trying!

Thanks

RSS