Help › Forums

Flash 11.4 is being rolled out - need your help

Mon, Oct 8 2012 1:09 AM (66 replies)
  • alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 4:37 AM

WGTadmin2:

The official version is flash player 11.4.402.265 for all browsers

I installed that Flash version from Firefox 14.0.1 today and it works perfectly smooth.

Entering "about:plugins" in the command line shows the active version and gives a link to Mozilla's plugin check. From there the update is easily possible.

Edited - see answering post

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 5:40 AM

I do have IE installed;  but never use it for anything... So it is ok to delete the Active X files in the Flash Folder?  I use Firefox for web surfing and email;  and Maxthon for the game.

These Active X files are occupying a good bit of bites i see.  I would be glad to erase these two files if I do not need them for Firefox or any necessary system  functions.

Also the Flashplayerupdateservice.exe should also be deleted from the folder because it would automatically try to update the Active X folder after deletion?

Great input guys keep it coming

Ox

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 7:04 AM

Instead of trying to manually remove them you can disable or remove them using  Tools, Manage Add-ons in Internet Explorer. If your not sure which ones, right click on them and  select more information. These programs btw are small and don't take up much space. If you don't use IE at all you can shut it off and cut back some loading process. In control panel use Programs and Features, then on the left side of the panel select Turn Windows features on or off,  wait for it to search and load then on the list uncheck IE9 or whatever version you have.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 3:46 PM

SteveOx:
    Also the Flashplayerupdateservice.exe should also be deleted from the folder because it would automatically try to update the Active X folder after deletion?

Does your add/remove programs in your control panel list 2 versions of flash?.   If it does, you'll know right away.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 3:50 PM

SteveOx:

Little Help here:     When i copy the new version of Flash into  sys32/Macromed/Flash  should i delete the remaining flash programs listed?   I have3 of the same versions here and two older versions listed?

Ox

Double click on the file flashutil32_11_4_402_265_activex.exe and you will see the option of removing the activex version

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 11:17 AM

alosso:

WGTadmin2:

The official version is flash player 11.4.402.265 for all browsers

I installed that Flash version from Firefox 14.0.1 today and it works perfectly smooth.

Entering "about:plugins" in the command line shows the active version and gives a link to Mozilla's plugin check. From there the update is easily possible.

Edited - see answering post

The fun lasted for two games only :(

Then some freeze-like events happened which later proved to be built-in delays.

Game controls weren't possible for a few or more moments (up to about 40 secs), the stroke button would move without being grasped and finally I managed to initiate shots about 5 seconds before the avatar would move in upswing and downswing.

All this made the game unconvenient and impossible to play in MP games. Imagine you have 60 secs for a shot and wait half of it to gain control :(

I returned to Flash 10.3, waiting for the next update.

• Spectreal
    66 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 10:56 PM

I'm using Chrome with Flash 11,4,402,265.  All aspects of the game which were previously giving me trouble seem to be working as they should.  I've definitely been playing better and am getting a good deal more dings.

Testing it in Firefox 14.01 it seems to have corrected the problem I was having in which the game would freeze on the blue screen between holes after the scorecard.

It all is working good right now so I plan to keep Flash at this version unless something I use absolutely requires an update.

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:37 PM

Just installed new version after not being able to play for awhile. Have a problem on every shot with the motion of player, ball freezing and then it waits, for what I don't know. The ending shot finally shows up and the screen moves to the next shot but it happens after every shot. Have not read other posts so not sure if others have experienced this. Thanks.

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 5:54 PM

Hold that thought....just crashed on me.

• bucknut68
    84 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2012 6:04 PM

2 more holes and crashed. This stinks.

RSS