Help › Forums

loaded the "urgent adobe flash update" big mistake

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 27 2012 4:36 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kcalw
    152 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:31 PM

I use fire fox and I updated the adobe. My screes now freeze up or lo0ad extremely slow. I uninstalled the update but then the "play now" button does not load up. I re loaded the urgent update but the same thing as before happens.   HELP.

On another note. I tried using chrome but the meter bar is un responsive. It does not iniate the swing untill it is far past the ding..

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 1:57 PM

"about:plugins" - which Flash version do you have?

WIth Firefox 14, Flash 11.3 was unplayable, 10.3 (downloadable from www.adobe.com) was safe, 11.4 works again.

In Chrome, it is essential to have only one (right) version active. Help available here.

What are your numbers?

• kcalw
    152 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 3:36 PM

I am not sure what flash version I have now. It is what ever is installed buy using the "urgent flash update" I believe it ended with 265. This happened once before and some how I was able to uninstall the update and go back to original version but when I un installed it this time I could not even have the game come up.

When I try to use Chrome , with the drive it will not register my click for the swing. The meter bar goes to the end and then swings.

Internet Explore will not load up the game at all.

• chris5214
    1,937 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 4:11 PM

just a suggestion .. try the Maxthon3 browser

• promark1
    412 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 5:27 PM

to find out what version of flash you have open firefox and type FIND VERSION into search box.click on top one. that will tell you what flash you have installed.i tried new version of flash but it kept crashing so i uninstalled it and installed flash 10.3 and it works fine.i will put the links below.first one is to uninstall current version and second is to install 10.3.dont at the end, adobe will ask you if u want to automatically update in the future,uncheck that one  tick the one to ask me before you install or it will just keep putting the latest version on every time an update is available

uninstall_flash_player.exe

install_flash_player_10_plugin.exe

hope this helps

• shabooby
    20 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2012 5:55 PM

I hope IT helps .......my game doesn't work very well....very frustrating...Thanks  for the info

• bbc2
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 1:14 AM

Exact same here Kcalw, however i have found a way around the freezing thing and here's how............keep another browser on your task bar (say chrome) and then when you freeze open it, let it load  and then close it again. your back in the game

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 1:51 AM

kcalw:

I am not sure what flash version I have now. It is what ever is installed buy using the "urgent flash update" I believe it ended with 265.

Unfortunately, 11.4 seems to have freeze issues with Firefox, too.

For use with Firefox, go to www.adobe.com, try this link to version 10.3, unzip it, run the uninstall program, then install that version.

Be sure to deselect automatic update of Flash!

• graemelee99
    2,567 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 2:55 AM

I use Palemoon browser (and gamebooster, but not sure it helps all that much!) and have updated to the latest version of flash and it seems to work fine, in fact better than before.

Worth a try. I only use palemoon for WGT. 

cheers

• gofbals
    178 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 4:40 AM

Whenever installing any program always uninstall the previous program first.

• PAGES
RSS