Help › Forums

WARNING TO MATCH PLAYERS

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 21 2012 5:57 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 3:10 PM

i was playing match play against a player recently.. after winning the first hole.. he decided to let the clock run down to one second on every single shot after that.. i guess he hoped it would make me quit.. if u want to know the screenname let me know.. send me a q friend request and i will pm it to you

• JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Thu, Sep 13 2012 3:12 PM

and yes i did win the match.. by three holes 

• gr8flbob
    592 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 11:44 AM

It's (the ultra-slow play) a form of gamesmanship, Josh. It's NOT illegal, immoral, or fattening.

You did the right thing - play it out and win. You gain nothing more by crabbing about it here ... other than venting your dislike for the technique.

• Buckeye8084
    307 Posts
    Fri, Sep 14 2012 4:03 PM

gr8flbob:

It's (the ultra-slow play) a form of gamesmanship, Josh. It's NOT illegal, immoral, or fattening.

You did the right thing - play it out and win. You gain nothing more by crabbing about it here ... other than venting your dislike for the technique.

lol @ gamesmanship. It's called being a loser that has nothing better to do'ship". 

• JoshuaHay23
    83 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 9:05 PM

i wasnt crabbing.. i was just tryin to warn other players.. guess thats what i get for tryin to help

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:08 PM

.. If you play a game regardless of credits, the timing clock can be used however either player wants to use it.. .. my point being, you joined or set the game up knowing how long/short the timer was.. .. ..

.. Easy solution, just play in games where the clock suits your game better....

• Xx88thor88xX
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:27 PM

gr8flbob:

i have to disagree. its not acceptable.  Once or wice during a game is alright but an intentional running down of the clock is just outrageous. Its a pathetic way to try anwin...that player should be reported sice its in th rules hat a player "shall play to the bst degree of sportsmanship ossible.."  thaks for the bringing this up, josh.hopefully people report people more for this.

cheers,

zach from north dakota

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Mon, Sep 17 2012 11:52 PM

i know what you are saying josh for that has happened to me on numerous occasions. i'll be up and they will disconnect on purpose and sit in the lobby hoping i will just give up and hand them a victory.  it doesn't bother me though. i just turn on sportcenter and watch tv for a while and catch up on the scores. it also gives me time to run some other errands, like washing the dishes, picking the toejam out of my socks or even just cleaning out the kitty litter box.  so, make the best of it.  :)

qbal

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 6:30 AM

This happened to me last week, I asked the other player if he always takes the full 90 seconds to make a shot. his reply was it depends. I told him it was unfortunate he has to use those, but I wasn't asking what he was wearing at  the time. For some reason, he started taking his shots within 30 seconds or less.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:32 AM

renniw52:
    This happened to me last week, I asked the other player if he always takes the full 90 seconds to make a shot. his reply was it depends. I told him it was unfortunate he has to use those, but I wasn't asking what he was wearing at  the time. For some reason, he started taking his shots within 30 seconds or less.

oh my, Rich doing a funny

i see my funny lessons are working

• PAGES
RSS