Help › Forums

Tier Increase

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 19 2012 7:56 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:19 AM

How do I figure or calculate how far I am from increasing from master to Tour Master (or do I really want to)

Someone told me I had to play 61 ranked rounds as Master, obviously that is wrong info.

Presently I am level 88 - Average 65.43

thank you 

jiggsie

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:25 AM

Hi Jiggsie,

minimum of 50 ranked rounds and average of 63 will get you to TM.  You are getting there just need to get some lower rounds in

LD

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:28 AM

You've played enough ranked rounds as a Master, now you just have to get your average to 63 or lower. WGT counts your lowest (however many) rounds to determine your average at each tier, so in order to lower your average, you need to shoot rounds with a lower score than what your highest counted scores are. Confusing, yes?

For example, if WGT counted your lowest 5 rounds, and you recorded a 62, 63, 64, 65, and 66, your average would be 64. If you then shot a 65, your average would drop to 63.8 even though you recorded a round higher than your current average. The 66 is replaced by the 65 as 1 of your lowest 5 rounds.

Hopefully that makes sense, but basically you need to average 63 or lower.

Kelsey

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 7:57 PM

jiggsie:

How do I figure or calculate how far I am from increasing from master to Tour Master (or do I really want to)

Someone told me I had to play 61 ranked rounds as Master, obviously that is wrong info.

Presently I am level 88 - Average 65.43

thank you 

jiggsie

You are doing better than me. I am in the same situation. I have to get better scores, and I am having a hard time. Maybe I do suck. Oh well I will keep trying.

50 ranked rounds from master to tour master. Once your 50 lowest scores are calculated into your stats, then you won't get higher on your average. It will stick until you keep getting lower scores to lower the average. If you get one or two like 70 or 80 scores in 18 hole or 40 or 50 in 9 hole it won't go up after you got those 50 ranked rounds, it just goes lower on better scores, but gets harder too.

• pjctas0822
    4,592 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 10:52 PM

Crap only .85 left for me to TM. Hope its not much harder at that level because it was a huge learning curve from TP to Master that's for sure.

Kinda enjoying being a Jedi Master :( 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Sep 18 2012 11:16 PM

phiber:

Hi Jiggsie,

minimum of 50 ranked rounds and average of 63 will get you to TM.  You are getting there just need to get some lower rounds in

LD

Yep 50 ranked rounds and average of 63 - I have just made it, I sat in the mid 63's for what seemed like ages. Now the fun starts again - Tour Pro to Master seemed like a really hard learning curve, now I fear I have the feeling of deja vu. Just enjoy and the reward will come when your ready.

• ozysouthpaw
    2,966 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 1:21 AM

pjctas0822:
    Hope its not much harder at that level

All I noticed when I went from Master to TM is the green speed is Tournament.... And you pay a bit dearer price for missing the ding by that pixel or two...and the rough seems to reach out & grab your ball....lol

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 1:45 AM

ozysouthpaw:

All I noticed when I went from Master to TM is the green speed is Tournament.... And you pay a bit dearer price for missing the ding by that pixel or two...and the rough seems to reach out & grab your ball....lol

Maybe its just me, but the rough has always been out to grab my ball. Only difference I have noticed (very early days) is the tournament greens, but I have always used this speed for practice - worth doing if you are about to make the step up. I was surprised no further back off the tee - saves me upgrading clubs immediately but this is coming for me to improve.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 4:31 AM

If your in a CC, it's a good idea to set up some unlimited comps with Tourny speed greens, just to get use to the green speed.

-Roger

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Wed, Sep 19 2012 5:14 AM

I had VF greens the whole time I was a TM. Only time I saw Tourney greens was when I was playing with a Legend. As a TM I was at 61.04 for the longest time, then shot my lowest round of 28 and kaboom. It does seem that when you are very close to tiering up, that last good round or two wants to be stubborn. It will happen when you least expect it. Keep swinging guys, don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey on the way.

• PAGES
RSS