Help › Forums

This game is becoming a joke

Wed, Sep 20 2017 9:08 PM (441 replies)
  • clucktrentsuperd
    224 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 5:39 PM

alcaucin:

riverc:
      (WHAT A JOKE .  I WOULD JUST RATHER NOT MOVE UP ANY TIERS IF THIS IS HOW IT IS WHATS THE USE IF EVERY TIME YOU ADVANCED NOTHING YOU LEARNED IN THE OTHER TIERS EVEN APPLY ANY MORE. EVERY CALCULATION IS DIFFERENT AND PUTTS ARE NOT GOING TO FALL. EITHER THE PUTTS COME SHORT OR THE SLOPES ARE NOW MISREPRESENTED  ALL THE SUDDEN. THE  SLOPES ON A COURSE ARE THE SAME  NO MATTER WHAT LEVEL OF PLAYER  YOU ARE.) 

You learn something in EVERY tier,but EVERY tier is harder.Your new green speeds are affecting all of the above ^^^^,you can't just aim at the hole and 'bang' them in anymore !! You'll just start to conquer your present tier and up you go again..BUT what you learned as Master will stand you in good stead for T/M....etc etc.It's the nature of the beast and I wouldn't have it any other way..You'd be bored sh*tless otherwise knocking a sub 60 in every round !! When you get one now and then, it's a buzz..???....Andy

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:19 PM

I tell ya.... The home page doesn't offer any thing that doesn't cost money. And the opinion surveys aren't interested in my opinions.

I sure hope the programmers set this up on purpose because otherwise, I'll have to think they're just incompetent.

"I must become cognizant of all interfering factors." - lee22sharon

• kickasskid
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 1:40 PM

the longer you play this game the harder it gets, what pisses me off is the adverts, to many. and this % thing its a joke,  was on 2 under par, on my last game then wgt did its thing and i couldnt get back in , games fk up and i spent good money on here ,   gl and try to have fun with it ,

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Mon, Nov 12 2012 11:17 AM

Has anyone had experience on how the speed of your internet connection affects your game. I have RoadRunner Lite and if I upgrade, can I expect better response times?

I know the game will still drag me towards the bunker, water, weeds, etc. but will I have a better chance?

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Tue, Nov 20 2012 1:51 PM

Thanks for all the responses.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 1:44 PM

There can be no course management when you have no idea in Hell where your shot is going to go.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 2:53 PM

ArgyleScott:
    Has anyone had experience on how the speed of your internet connection affects your game. I have RoadRunner Lite and if I upgrade, can I expect better response times?
    It's not speed IMHO but - perhaps - the amount of noise on the line.

Two examples:

I had an perfectly smooth and lazily slow meter once in an ISDN phone line connection @0.064 MBit (yes, 64 kBit/s). Waiting time for the next shot was lazy, too, time to get a drink, coze your child and whatnots in between.

The meter was perfect because I was "alone with the internet".

Usually, I have a 10 Mb DSL line and the meter is unsteady most of the time.Besides the influence of worldwide traffic there is influence of what's up in my LAN: Printer, other PCs and such. When the wife prints through the LAN, I'm cautious at least.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Fri, Nov 23 2012 4:30 PM

Now that makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Sat, Nov 24 2012 7:07 AM

I took advantage of the free club rental for this weekend. Rented a fine driver and hardly missed a PUTT.

Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice.

• ArgyleScott
    1,267 Posts
    Thu, Nov 29 2012 6:20 AM

Now I can't even earn free credits! They say I'm qualified for a survey and then go directly to "Here's five credits, now go away". This morning, they didn't even give me the five credits.

Curiouser and curiouser!” Cried Alice.

RSS