Forums

Help › Forums

New guy

Thu, Nov 15 2012 4:45 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oahu420
    9 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 6:24 PM

Hey everyone. I suck at this game but it sure is fun. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Nov 5 2012 11:04 PM

Welcome to the game, and we all suck at the beginning lol (well I sure did). Read the forums for help, just type in your query in the search box and read the Putting and chipping tips as well as the video tutorials.

You have 3 birdies so far, so keep it up and keep on enjoying the game.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 7:59 AM

welcome!

-wgticon

• oahu420
    9 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 9:32 AM

Can you tell me how to add distance on my drives? Seems like even when my swing cursor says "excellent", the most I get is around 220 yards. Do I need to buy a new driver? I would hate to pay for it and it doesn't extend the distance. 

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 1:39 PM

The better clubs will give you more distance and are more forgiving if you miss the ding.

Personally I would wait until you level up to about lvl 30, then the R11 at level 29 is available or the Ping Rapture at level 32. The R11 will average about 250 yards and will carry you a long way before you would need to upgrade the driver again.

Bear in mind the swing meter speed also will increase so will take a little getting used to. Driving is just part of the game and while a good drive really helps, the short game is where you will pick up most shots, so your wedges will need to be upgraded. Also note that the starter balls are fast on the meter and have no spin.

It wont take long to level up, just keep playing and your game will improve.

• oahu420
    9 Posts
    Tue, Nov 6 2012 2:31 PM

Thanks for the good advice. Level 29 seems like a long way off, but I'll keep hackin' away. 

• andrewmca
    447 Posts
    Wed, Nov 7 2012 12:25 AM

alanti:
    Personally I would wait until you level up to about lvl 30, then the R11 at level 29 is available or the Ping Rapture at level 32. The R11 will average about 250 yards and will carry you a long way before you would need to upgrade the driver again.

^^ that..

If your enjoying yourself you'll get to lvl 29 in no time

• oahu420
    9 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 1:07 PM

Well, now I am at L33 and I purchased a Ping driver at L22 and I am just mashing the ball off the tee. Also now I noticed my scores are slowly going down as pars are more frequent. I am on the verge of buying a new putter at L35. I was thinking about getting the TaylorMade "Ghost Spider". Is that a good one? I am hoping that a new putter will change some pars into birdies.

• Swaded
    37 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 3:23 PM

All of the "ghost spider" putters are good, so that would be a good choice.

• PAGES
RSS