Forums

Help › Forums

Oakmont Starter/Beginner Challenge

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jul 11 2010 11:20 AM (120 replies)
  • werksux
    241 Posts
    Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:39 PM

I'll vouch for BB on his -6 through 12, I have a screenshot of the front 9 card, but once game DC'd him I couldn't ven pull the scorecard with him on it.  He shot it though, no BS.

crap, tried to crop it & get it to fit but here's the direct link, lol

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c266/JFTX/WGT%20Scorecards%20and%20such/BBs32startertourneyfront9-1.jpg

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:27 AM

Looking for a partner to do round 1 so please drop me a quick message or just send me an invite any time, i should be on for the next 2-3 hours.  It should be a fun and interesting round. Thanks all.

• werksux
    241 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 10:16 AM

Hey cool, I'm friggin BURIED at work today so I'm probably worthless on doing this right now.  If you catch a match with someone go for it, I'll find time to get a round in sometime, just don't know when.  I spotted for BB last night or at least part of his registered round so he owes me one, lol.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 12:40 PM

Coolswing, I am on right now, have it all prepped when you are ready

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:47 PM

Here's the scorecard from round 1. I played along with my old buddy, Coolswing.

I have to say ... lot of fun, but between the old putter and the slow greens, I felt like i was stumbling along. Vic played a decent front 9, then needed the kevlar gloves on the back .... his putter was smoking hot .. 30 on the back, with 2 barely missed putts.  he still turned in a very nice 66 to my 77. Good thing that this is more about the company you play along with  :)

• coolswing
    1,017 Posts
    Thu, Jun 24 2010 2:58 PM

Firstly sorry i couldn't join you Neil, I'd waited for quite a while but didn't see a reply from you and at the same time i bumped into my good buddy Jeff who agreed to play with me on the spur of the moment.  I hope you'll find a partner to play with if you can't then i'd be available to play with you as a marker tomorrow since i have to go very soon now.

Thanks Jeff for the nice words, it was a very enjoyable round and it was a bonus that i managed to score well as i haven't played with these fine clubs for a long time ! Also i think that Jeff played much better then the score indicated, he just didn't have any luck today at all with many birdie putts stopping just short or lipout.  I'm sure he'll bounce back well in the next round for sure.

Thanks Ellis again for running this fun tourney, I think the real challenge is the last round here so I look forward to that. :-)

• terrydongle
    54 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:07 AM

Any one around to play round 1, i am on for another hour or so ...invite me plz.

• jammerjay31
    124 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 6:12 AM

Anybody ready for round 1 I will be around for a while just let me know

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 6:56 AM

Jammer, invite sent

• jammerjay31
    124 Posts
    Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:28 AM

U still ready to play Neil