Forums

Help › Forums

Upgrade clubs and balls

Sun, Nov 11 2012 8:30 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • kappy1
    3 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:00 AM

hi I am a starter on level 16, is the only way to upgrade clubs, is to buy credits?  I was looking at the drivers, 13 bucks.. that is a lot of money to spend for one club in a free game..

what would a set of irons cost? 100 bucks.. little pricy, a friend and I play, we would not mind spending some money to enjoy this virtual golf a little more, but not hundreds

any tips please thanks

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:17 AM

If you don't want to spend any money, you can earn free credits by filling in a few surveys, and playing ads. Once you get the hang of just doing the easiest ones it's a relatively painless way of making a couple of hundred credits a day. Also, tiering up gets you a few credits too.

I'd also recommend thinking of a club buying strategy going forwards. For me, focussing on slow meter speed clubs allowed me to reach a high level without needing to buy any balls. I think L48 Raptors were the first ones I bought, and I only used a 3 wood until reaching L58 for the Ping driver with decent distance.

• kappy1
    3 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:30 AM

ok thanks I will try some surveys, I did see them..

• Wilshire5
    21 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 7:58 AM

This is what I did.If you don't already have it sign up for the free trial of Netflix,it is worth about 2500 credits give or take.I bought the level 15 Burner 2.0 irons I used them all the way to the Master Tier.I also chipped in about 20 of my own and bought the Spider putter at lvl 19. Been here almost a year and a half and have put less than a 100 of my own money into the game.I am now at Legend tier and got all my  equipment I have now from surveys and watching videos.

ps you can cancel the free trail after one week 

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 8:57 AM

My advice to you , is take your time and learn the game.As you play, you will need to also work on your levels. The levels are the most important part to your position in this game. Without the proper levels, you cant buy the clubs or balls that you may want. So dont try to make Legend in the next 2-6 months, as this will put you at a great disadvantage. As you earn your credits, take your time before you buy. Dont just start buying clubs when you dont need them, as that will only be a waste of credits. Also beware of those who will tell you to buy the most expensive clubs and balls in the pro shop. I think WGT has under cover sales reps lurking in the forums, to promote game sales.                                                                                                                                                     So do the surveys and videos, and save your credits for when you will need them. Work on your XP points. You can play practice stroke play rounds, for your Xp points. In practice rounds , your scores wont count against you,and its a great way to learn your way around the game. Also , after 7 days of consecutive play, you can earn over 1000 XP points for every day you play.Most importantly, when you find yourself needing help, come to the forum. You will find many good players here, who are willing to help you with your game. I hope this helps. Good luck, and welcome to the club. Happy Swinging .      

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 9:53 AM

I'd agree with much of Lonnie's post except for practice rounds and tiering up.

You get half as much XP for a practice round, so you'd take twice as long to level up. Playing ranked rounds every game is no bad thing. In the early tiers of the game, any bad rounds in your average will be quickly replaced by better ones. You get more XP for an 18 hole ranked than two 9 hole ranked as well.

And if you feel you are good enough, don't be scared of tiering up as quickly as you can. You can level up quickly to 65 using level-up bars. And from there to L83 for the Ping G20s is not too hard to manage if you have the time to put the rounds in. With those clubs and some half decent balls, you can compete right at the top of the Legend tier if you want to. There are more credits available for doing well in free Legend tier comps, so if you feel you can compete then you might as well be there.

The tricky bit is getting from there to the L90s, as they require 25s, 50s, and then 100s of rounds to get from one level to the next. But by then you will have good enough clubs to be thoroughly enjoying the ride.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 10:08 AM

kappy1:
    what would a set of irons cost? 100 bucks.. little pricy, a friend and I play, we would not mind spending some money to enjoy this virtual golf a little more,

Or go to Pro shop and read ??$$??

Just a thought;...............Andy

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 11:56 AM

Yes and if you tier up too quickly, you will be at a disadvantage. You can buy your way up the levels with the level-up drinks and bars. But you cant buy the experience that you will need to play with the top Legends or Tour Legends.Dont let others set you up to be bait. If you read the threads, you will find many Legends who complain , because they cant compete at the top tiers. One reason , is because they dont have the levels to buy the top better playing clubs. Another reason is because they dont have the course knowledge. You can make Legend in 2-6 months. But there is more to being a Legend than just the title.So as I stated earlier, take your time and learn the game. Play and have fun. You will have plenty of time too reach Legend and beyond. Happy Swinging

• bmwruss
    49 Posts
    Sat, Nov 10 2012 12:30 PM

Take your time and tier up as you go. You will learn a lot as you advance. I click the "earn free credits" tab every day, as well as do different activities to gain credits. I am at level 67 and have not spent a penny of my own money yet. I got a set of TaylorMade clubs and irons and a putter at a very low level. (can't remember exactly). I used them all the way up to level 59, when I bought a set of Ping G20 clubs and irons. My G20's along with my TM Spider putter and TM wedges are the set for me. No need to buy anymore. I've gone threw a variety of balls and have settled with Nike. I now have the package to go as far as I can. You may go threw a few sets of clubs and balls to dial in your package, but don't rush it. Just go with the flow and have fun.

• kappy1
    3 Posts
    Sun, Nov 11 2012 6:13 AM

thanks All

so as I level up and get experience points, I should be able to get better clubs for free, What I am doing mostly now, Is just playing games with my friend, have not really joined and tournaments, the weekly or monthly ones.. one thing I am really bad at is putting. had a 5 putt the other day. I did a few surveys and only got 35 credits, one said I did not qualify, so nothing there.  I am on level 18 and still a hack.. my friend I play is a amateur now.

what advantage does he have when we play each other? like I said we just basically play against each other,we Like the game, and I was thinkng about putting in some real money, it is enjoyable, and sometimes you have to pay for entertainment, well most times.

I will take the advice from you guys. appreciate the help, responses were more than I thought, great group of guys, looking forward to play some of you.. I am out of work until after thanksgiving. so I am bored.. just had a major surgery  3 weeks ago..

I am in ny today is going to be 70 and at my new club I just joined, they are all playing golf. and I can't   geeezzz     thanks again.. I am sure I will have plenty of more stupid questions.. lol

• PAGES
RSS