Help › Forums

How do you move tiers ?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 29 2012 10:16 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kmoc
    3 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 5:58 AM

Can anyone help ? I am level 50 with an average of 68 yet i can't seem to move from Tour Pro to Master. I have been like this for a few months. Does anyone know the trigger point for moving to Master ? Thanks

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 6:24 AM

You have enough ranked rounds played. You need to drop your average to 66 or below to get there. Someone may advise you that you can lower your average by winning against a higher tier in scored match play but I don't recommend going that route as you miss the opportunity of learning to play the courses better by having to lower your average by playing them.

Your stats are good enough to get you there but you seem to be hammering St Andy's and Kiawah. You can get there by doing that but I wouldn't recommend that either as you will suffer in the long run on other courses when you move back on the tees at Master tier.

• AlanSteventon
    590 Posts
    Tue, Nov 13 2012 7:33 AM

Hi, 67 is the point for Master, 63 for Tour Master, 61 to get to HELL otherwise known as Legend.

• Kmoc
    3 Posts
    Wed, Nov 14 2012 5:40 AM

Thank you both for your replies. I will continue to work at it ! It's just a little odd as colleagues in the office are already Master but they don't recall being 66 or 67 !

Thanks though.

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 5:00 AM

After tiering up, the avg. will start from scratch:

- all numbers counting in until the avg. is saturated,

- more difficulties esp. for Masters, facing longer tracks.

67 may be history for a while :)

• Altara
    33 Posts
    Sun, Nov 18 2012 6:41 AM

When you say "until the average is saturated, do you mean that it's NOT your last 5 or ten rounds, but all since you reached that tier? If so, seems a rollingaverage would be more reflectie of one's play

• Oldbayrunner
    1,774 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 10:01 AM

No... I believe what he means is when you have reached enough ranked games to reach the next tier your average will no longer move up only down. 

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:22 PM

+1 OBR

To explain saturated, see "Changing Tiers" and the following chapter there ==>

A certain number of ranked rounds is necessary to tier up (1), and the average is calculated from this number of the best rounds. With less rounds, the average will float, with more rounds, it can only drop by better scores replacing higher scores. This is called saturated by some.

(1) unless the new rules come into effect

• Altara
    33 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 12:33 PM

Thanks--now I get it.  I hadn't understood (until now) that it's an averaging of one's n number of BEST scores.  The terms saturated now makes sense.  I appreciate the follow-up.  And, it gives me hope in tiering up.  Playing from the back tees with my current clubs is tough!  :-)

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Nov 19 2012 2:18 PM

You're welcome :)

Alas, you won't step closer to the holes but only further away. Not when moving to Tour Master (which should be close) but when becoming Legend. Both steps include faster greens.

• PAGES
RSS