Even God has to practice his putting

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 7 2010 12:27 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jgraham7897
    27 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 3:26 PM

Especially playing this game.

Just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone.  My name is Josh and I found this gem the other day and am now hooked.  Hope to see you all on the course.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:21 PM

Yep, putting is pretty hard.

Welcome to the site. :D

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:29 PM

Welcome brotha.  Watch out for the golfer's finger cramp,lol

• jgraham7897
    27 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 4:32 PM

I try reading the greens like I do on Tiger Woods and it just does not work.  This is gonna take some getting used to.

• INTERSECT
    43 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 7:31 PM

I agree. Very Different than the tiger wood or Links. For me, I just need to train more on visualising/flattening the green. Tilted camera views sometimes get the best of me.

and Welcome welcome.

• jgraham7897
    27 Posts
    Sat, Jun 5 2010 8:00 PM

How long does it take to get from amateur to pro?

Disregard.  Just turned pro a little while ago.

• jgraham7897
    27 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 6:12 PM

So I turned pro late last night.  I just played in my first tournament at SA and I have never had a more frustrating round of golf.  Ever.  Tournament settings on the greens are insanely hard.  I would say about half my puts stopped about 4 in. from the cup and what should have been small misses turned into huge puts.  I ended up shooting a 93.  Is this normal for new players who thought they were decent?

• youareintrouble
    103 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 7:45 PM

I try reading the greens like I do on Tiger Woods and it just does not work.  This is gonna take some getting used to.    Qoute from another post

Eye swab, shes just not gonna let u putt it in the hole

• borntobesting
    9,679 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 8:44 PM

It was the virtual open qualifier and yes many of us are having great difficulty with it.My best round in it is 82 and on the normal pro set-up I have shot a -3 67. The Virtual open set-up is much more difficult. And i also noted that your clubs are not the greatest. True they are much better than either the beginners or starter sets but they still won't give you the best results with the set-up at S.A. for the Open

And I checked your stats and saw you only have 14 ranked rounds. It takes many many rounds to be able to play well all the time. I have played over 600 rounds and still struggle at times. I would say with only 14 ranked rounds and your clubs 93 isn't really a bad score for the qualifier. 

• jgraham7897
    27 Posts
    Sun, Jun 6 2010 8:51 PM

borntobesting:
    I would say with only 14 ranked rounds and your clubs 93 isn't really a bad score for the qualifier. 

Thanks, that is what I was hoping to hear.

• PAGES
RSS