Help › Forums

The round of my life and this happens - do something WGT

Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:49 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Sun, Dec 2 2012 11:56 PM

A CC tournament , 1st round of three at RSG

on the 18th I have just missed a 5 footer for a 59.....................

This cannot be allowed to go on, WGT must do something.

A simple pop up that says u have less than 1 hour to play, but ffs, this just plain ridiculous.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:10 AM

As you know the time it closes is on the comp page so.....?

Bummer I know but look on the bright side..

You didn't have enough power for a 5ft putt and you missed the ding by a mile.

Andy

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 4:15 AM

Miss Ding here

that round was sublime Andy, dinged absolutely everything, played with a G12-s ball, it was a 57 in the making.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 5:14 AM

alcaucin:

You didn't have enough power for a 5ft putt and you missed the ding by a mile.

Andy

Someone needs new glasses.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 6:08 AM

The tournament may have finished while you were playing the second hole but you don't get told until the last putt on the last hole. Still only yourself to blame.

• fmagnets
    3,640 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:10 AM

Don't see why WGT can't program it so that you can finish your round, have it count as a registered ranked score, but leave it off the tournament scoreboard if it is past the deadline. At least you still get to finish off your good round, and get the stats and XP to go with it too. 

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:17 AM

fmagnets:
    Don't see why WGT can't program it so that you can finish your round, have it count as a registered ranked score, but leave it off the tournament scoreboard if it is past the deadline.

This I agree with. You miss the deadline, nobody to blame but yourself. But, the fact remains that you did indeed play the round, regardless of when the last putt dropped.

• GlassMan27
    573 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:18 AM

fmagnets:
    Don't see why WGT can't program it so that you can finish your round, have it count as a registered ranked score, but leave it off the tournament scoreboard if it is past the deadline.

This I agree with. You miss the deadline, nobody to blame but yourself. But, the fact remains that you did indeed play the round, regardless of when the last putt dropped.

• oneeyedjohn
    9,573 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 7:56 AM

^^^ Absolutely

How they can allow you to play possibly 17 holes for no reward / reason is surely a glitch, and is simply unreasonable.

If the timer runs out on the 3rd hole or wherever then at the very least ur round should finish there as well, and not let u carry on willy nilly to the 18th hole.

To me it is absolutely f**king ridiculous.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Mon, Dec 3 2012 8:03 AM

Happened to me once, operative word once. You should always look to see how much time you have left in your tournament. Bet you will now. Too bad though it was a very nice round.

• PAGES
RSS