Forums

Help › Forums

New Here need some feedback please.

Fri, Feb 8 2013 2:01 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mikeinlv
    3 Posts
    Mon, Feb 4 2013 8:00 PM

Helo my name is Mike and this is my 3rd day here and having a blast. Doing ok in the driving but not to good at putting. watched the videos and read alot about it but can't seen to get it down yet. So any advice on that would be greatl Another question is that I have a roomate that is also loving the game but we only have this one computer. I gueas we can't play eachother on this one computer? Let me know what you know about that. Screename is mikeinlv roomates is Bobinlv, Leavenworth Kansas lol. Anyway need to get some friends on my friends list also;. Appreciate any feedback you can give. Have a good gamek and I will tryl

Mike in Leavenworth

• jimoldfart
    131 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:09 AM

Welcome to WGT enjoy it, there are a lot of nice people on here.  WGT will not allow two of you to play on the same computer at the same time. As for putting.It is the Achilles heel of all of us. In the FAQs of the forumn there is a thread called putting tips it is excellent. Speed control is critical and this is a really good way to control that. Practice what it says and you wont make all of your putts, nobody does. But it will at least  enable you to have a short second putt. Grip it and Rip it ,and remember the main thing is have fun!

• lonniescott711
    4,204 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:20 AM
    This post has been deleted.
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:27 AM

hi Mike

give these threads a read and they should help you :)

(in that order)

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/559.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/7840.aspx

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/136065.aspx

-wgticon

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:28 AM

mikeinlv:
    Helo my name is Mike and this is my 3rd day here

I think you're posting using the wrong profile. Bob's only been here 3 days.

2 guys "inlv", roommates at  in Leavenworth?  Naw, couldn't be what I'm thinking.............

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:45 AM

YankeeJim:
    Naw, couldn't be what I'm thinking.............

It is what I'm thinkin' ;-)

• snikern
    39 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:53 AM

Hi Mike, 

I'm a rookie myself. I only have 22 days on my back, and i can honestly say putting has been my biggest challenge so far also. The only way to get better is a lot of practice. You can also upgrade you putter, but it will not help much before you learn how to control speed and learn how to read the green. Also be aware of the green speed:) 

I also recommend to join a Country Club (or CC witch they call it in here). It may help you to learn and improve your game faster. 

Good luck with you Golfing:)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 10:53 AM

Trust me Mike in time you will grow to hate it.  Just had a 9 I FBS go almost 200 yards with a 2 MPH wind in my face thats 9 yards farther than it should go, and that was just one of 6 Div. I got in the same game.

WHOW  is me just keeps getting worst and worst

P.S. OH why am I still here you ask, I'm just use to the abuse. But I feel the need to give a heads up to the new guys before they start throwing their money away

• abndave
    268 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 12:26 PM

Make sure you got's lot's money for golfballs , cause the survey's are a F . . . ing joke

• Cadie
    33 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 1:15 PM

Well I would disagree. I have never spent a dime on this game. Have always done surveys and have don't quite well. Just keep at it.

• PAGES
RSS