Help › Forums

New Member IDs

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:03 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:39 AM

It seems to me like almost all of the new members displayed in the WGT Players section have the same username format - first initial/last name it looks like... JSmith, RBrown, LPopodopolous, etc.

Is this a coincidence, or did WGT start assigning usernames instead of allowing players to create their own?

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:02 AM

I saw that also , But if you click on that player and go to the profile you will see it is different .

OPY

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:22 AM

OK  , There is a new player with a pic of a lawn tractor , the name is "  MWatson3 " on the home page , click that player and on the profile it is  " MWATSON3 "

OPY

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:41 AM

opyeuclid:

OK  , There is a new player with a pic of a lawn tractor , the name is "  MWatson3 " on the home page , click that player and on the profile it is  " MWATSON3 "

OPY

Lol, that's the same. Names on profiles are always written in all caps.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:50 AM

PUHOLINO:
    Lol,

This is true  , Just look at LEGENDCRUSHER , and on my friends list it is LeGeNdCrUsHeR

Could it be something new from WGT  ,, Spelling VEM ?  lol

OPY

• Kelsey12
    2,114 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:06 AM

opyeuclid:

OPY

None of this actually answers my question, but seriously OPY, I couldn't help but laugh at this. You're a funny guy.

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:08 AM

opyeuclid:

Could it be something new from WGT  ,, Spelling VEM ?  lol

It's been like this since I joined, but I suspect it's been this way from the start. But in activities on one's profile the name is always written with the same letters as it was registered, same goes for one's friends list. I guess caps or no caps makes no difference, since the caps make no difference when you log in (unlike with gmail, etc.).

• PUHOLINO
    1,189 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:10 AM

Kelsey12:
    None of this actually answers my question

I'd expect it's the easiest name to think of for those who lack pazazz, lol.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:22 AM

We could get Icon to tell us why after clearing our browser , Or ask Yancy for his insight and whatnots.

OPY

• PAGES
RSS